Call me Chameleon

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna go to bed now. Good night," you say and start going for the door, leaving a confused Jungkook and Taehyung staring after you.

 * * * 

There was nothing else in this world that you hated more than the sound of the alarm going off.

Every single morning you woke up, cursing passionately at it and wanting to smash the thing into pieces.

Today was no different.

With your head still on the pillow, you lift a hand towards your phone on the bedside table and press the Turn off button angrily.

You rub the sleep out of your eyes and stare at the ceiling for a moment.

The room is bright due to the sun being already up in the sky.
There are clothes strewn out onto the floor, bottles of perfume laying around carelessly, a foot next to your cheek-

Wait, what?

You turn your head sideways and see that your right arm is wrapped around Jungkook's foot, cradling it like a teddy bear. One of your own feet is wrapped around Jungkook's arms, while the other one is thrown across his back, riding his shirt up and revealing a sliver of skin.

You jump back as if you'd been electrocuted.

Jungkook's eyes shoot open and he looks around frantically.

"What? What happened?"

"N-nothing", you stutter. "There was a mosquito."

His expression softens and he looks at you with sleepy eyes.

"Good morning," he says, with a groggy voice.

You try to compose yourself.

"Good morning," you reply, and muster up the courage to get yourself off the bed.

 * * *

Trying to forget what happened a while ago, you take small bites out of your pancake.

"How did you all sleep last night?" You ask.

"Like a king", Namjoon is quick to answer, rubbing the fact that he had gotten the king - sized bed all to himself into your faces.

He gets numerous glares from the others and you can't help but do the same.

"I can't say the same thing," says Yoongi. "Taehyung kept hugging me in his sleep."

Tae looks at him sheepishly and offers him a boxy smile.

"Can't help it when hyung is so tiny."

Yoongi blinks.

Twice.

"At least you did get some sleep," Hoseok interferes. " I had to listen to conversations about how the sand was called like that because it was between the sea and the land all night long."

"Hyung, but it's true," says Jimin.

"I know, right?" Adds Jin.

"Oh, and by the way, why were you hugging each other's legs this morning?" Hoseok continues, looking at both you and Jungkook.

Kookie scrunches up his brows.

"We were?"

"Yeah, I came into your room to borrow your charger and noticed that you were tangled up with each other."

You refuse to get flustered by this conversation.

"There was only one bed, hyung," you say. "What did you expect?"