Épilogue

"my love is yours if you're willing to take it,
give me your heart 'cause I ain't gonna break it."

~Epilogue~

"Drunk?" I chuckled. "Mom, it's 3 in the afternoon. How could I be drunk?"

I heard my mother sigh through the phone. "I don't know, college years are wild and well... weird."

"Is that statement based on your own experience, ma?" I teased, knowing damn well she went to an all-girls college.

"Ha-ha, you're hilarious. All I'm saying is be careful."

I sighed. "Mom..."

"What? You can't blame me for worrying. Take a look at Savannah, that poor girl..."

I rolled my eyes. "No, don't even go there."

I was hoping she could sense the anger in my tone.

I hate when she talks about Savannah like that, judging her.
She doesn't exactly say anything bad, but I can tell from the way she talks.

"I just feel sorry for her." She said.

"Well, don't. She's doing great."

And she really is. Her and Dan have been buying lots of toys and clothes for their unborn baby girl and are impatiently waiting to meet her (who is due in less than 2 months by the way), especially Dan.

He bought a new apartment in which they're both living in now, together. In Boston.
They're gonna be a family soon and I couldn't be happier for them.

"And I have to go." I didn't give mom a chance to reply to me. "Bye mom, love you."

"Wait, where are you going? I love you too!" She said quickly.

"Bye!"

I hung up. I've literally been on the phone for the past hour. She never stops talking.

I dropped my phone on the bed, and tried to find a sweater. It was getting chilly.

I hate March, it's such a bipolar month (if that makes sense). One second it's really warm the next it's pouring rain.

Anyways, since Savannah decided to take a gap year and our plans to live together in New York failed, I have been living on-campus for the past 6 months now. The curfew and having to share a bathroom annoy me a little, but I got used to them.

I have been asking a few college friends if they would like to live with me off-campus in an apartment, but since New York is crazy expensive, none of them can afford it. And I can't afford it on my own, either.

But it's fine because campus is fun.
Besides my roommate Chloe is amazing company and I'd miss her a lot.

She's a bartender, which is really cool since I've been getting some free drinks.
And she shares the love for alcohol with me so... that's all I look for in a friend, really.

That and being a good person, I guess.

I chose to major on Liberal Arts and Sciences but I feel like I'm slowly starting to regret that decision. It's very hard and I'm studying my fucking ass off, when I'm supposed to be having fun- going to frat parties and all that shit.

I've been to some but still, I'm not having enough fun.

Being career oriented and responsible sucks.