Chapitre Bonus

"you asked for my heart, but I didn't know where to start."

~Bonus Chapter~

Logan's POV

I walked out of my office, happy to finally be leaving. I've done nothing but work the past year since dad retired and it's been exhausting.

I now understand how he never had time for me. It's kind of toxic, but I understand.
After all, I wouldn't be where I am if he hadn't worked hard.

"See you in three weeks, Mr.Brown." Ivy, my assistant, smiled at me politely.

She might be one of the brightest people I've ever met in my life. I haven't seen her frown once because she's somehow always cheery.

"Yeah, see you." I smiled at her.

"Enjoy your summer!" She called after me in her high-pitched voice.

I'm planning on it, Ivy.

I got in the car, eager to see Laura. The flight home seems like two long torturous days from how much I miss her.

This summer we'll be moving to Boston from
New York and honestly- it's gonna be much simplier for me. I have been spending more time on planes than our own apartment.

But it's worth it, because I get to go home to my beautiful girlfriend.

Unfortunately, she will have to travel for college next year but she says she doesn't mind.
It was her idea in the first place.

Think about the devil...

I got a call from her and immediately smiled when I heard her voice on the other line.

"Are you r-r-ready?!" She yelled dramatically in a showman voice.

"Excuse me, who is this?"

She ignored me, continuing with the voice. "For SUMMER?!"

"YES!" I replied in the same tone.

She chuckled through the phone. "That's the spirit."

"I see you're in a good mood today, my love."

"Ah, yes. I literally burned a bunch of notes with my lighter and threw them in the trash at the hall like a 12 year old."

I laughed at that. "How wild."

I love how she never fails to make me laugh at her silliness. You'd think after a whole two years of dating her, I'd get used to it.
I didn't.

"I know, I'm such a rebel." She said sarcastically. "Are you gonna be home soon?"

"Yeah babe, and I have a surprise for you." I grinned.

"I think you'll love it."

———

"What the fuck do you mean she doesn't wanna talk to me?!"

I scowled at Laura's loud voice as she yelled at Savannah on the phone.

"Get her in front of the camera right now!" She demanded.

She can get really scary when she wants something. Trust me, I know.

Once, she punched me for not giving her a kiss. I was trying to stay mad at her for once; she didn't like it.

"Baby, maybe she's sleepy or something. It's a child for God's sake." I tried to reason with her.