Chapter Eighteen- Oh, Right

Well.. ya can't just put someone in jail without a court case, can you?

WARNING: Panic Attack. Will explain at the bottom, of course, and will say when it starts/stops.

~Roman's POV~

I woke up, cuddling my beautiful boyfriend. He hates his bed hair, but I honestly think it's adorable. And he really looks good with and without makeup. I just love him so much.

Virgil's eyes slowly fluttered open. He yawned, and met my eyes.

"Watcha staring at, Princey?"

"You. I love you so much." I combed my fingers through his bed hair. Virgil realized he had a morning look on, and his anxiety kicked in slightly. He tried to cover his face.

"Roman.."

I pecked his lips. "But you're so cute, darling! I just wanna see your face!"

Virgil moved his arms away from his face but quickly wrapped them around my neck and moved his head to my chest.

"I love you, Virge."

"I love you too."

We sat there for a while, just cuddling, until the phone rang.

Virgil groaned. "I'll get it.."

Virgil picked up. He stayed on the call, making various facial expressions, saying different things. Eventually, he hung up.

"How did I forget we'd do this.." he mumbled.

"Do what?" I asked.

Virgil sighed. "Well, we cant just let my mom rot in prison. We have to go watch them decide how long she'll rot, and for what specific reasons."

"Oh, right.. well, that isn't too bad!"

"She's gunna accuse me of shit. I know.. I know they won't believe her. But that woman makes me believe her sometimes. Stupid, I know."

I hugged him. "Always remember, I can and WILL punch anyone in the face for you."

"Thanks, princey."

"You got it. Anyway, when is the court case?"

"Uhh.." Virgil checked the clock. "4 hours."

~Time Skip- The Court Case~

~Virgil's POV~

We've been here for about an hour now. All it's been is my mom complaining and making fun of me. I've sunken so low in my seat that you can barely see my hair poking above the court pew.

~Panic Attack Starts Here~

I've resorted to clinging onto Roman while this happens. Her nagging voice brings back painful memories. I can imagine it so well..

Ungrateful child! What did I do to deserve you?

It's so clear.. it's all I can hear..

I can't believe I got stuck with your stupid face! I should just kick you out, right here, right now!

I didn't notice Roman talking.

"Babe, you okay?"

Why are you so ungrateful for everything I've done? You get a home, food on your plate, and warm blankets at night, and THIS is how you repay me?!

I didn't notice the court case pausing because of my shaking.

"What's going on?" The judge asked.

"My stupid son is having a panic attack.. he'll live."

My stupid son....

"Someone help him!" Called a jury member.

I didn't notice Roman picking me up and rushing me into the bathroom.

He'll live. My stupid son. Ungrateful. Disgrace.

I didn't notice my vision going weird, or Roman hugging me tight in a bathroom stall.

WE'VE TAUGHT YOU THIS YOUR WHOLE LIFE, YET YOU DECIDE TO PUT A HAULT IN OUR FAMILY LINE?!

I began to notice Roman tracing circles on my back.

GET. OUT!

I kinda noticed Roman breathing with me.

DISGRACE! DISGUSTING!

I sort of noticed Roman's worried expression.

YOU AREN'T MY SON!

I sort of noticed the soft sounds of Roman's soothing voice.

Disgrace... "Breathe, Virgil."

Disgrace... "I got you."

"I got you."

~Panic Attack Ends Here~

I become aware of the situation and start to cry into Roman's shirt.

We sit in the stall for a long time as I recover.

Eventually, Roman speaks. "Do you think you're ready to go back out there?"

I wiped my eyes. "I think so.."

We walked out of the bathroom, into the court room.

At the perfect moment.

"Megan Black and Joe Black, you are both sentenced to solitary confinement for 50 years from charges of child abuse and stalking."

I smiled.

Okay, no joke, I was writing this chapter and was like "you know what would go well here? A PANIC ATTACK."
And during that scene, Roman just brought Virgil to the bathroom because Virgil's mom is the worst person on the planet.

Guess what? NO MORE PANIC ATTACKS! :D Seriously, I have no plans for another panic attack so it's just gunna be some nice fluff from here on out. :3

See you soon, kiddos!