~twenty~

Song Haeun PoV

We had decided to meet at a small cafe later this evening, so I decided since it was nearing 5 I would begin getting ready. I got a shower, washed my hair and straightened the frizz from it.

I did natural make up, mostly to not let Yena know I'd been crying, and prevent her from seeing the dark circles under my eyes.

I wore mom jeans with a white shirt tied in a knot, my black denim jacket on top of that. I wore my white converse as I looked at myself finally, before getting my brother to drop me off at the cafe.

I immediately spotted Yena, standing outside in the cold waiting for me to show up. I decided I'd be ten minutes later than what we agreed on, only to make her wait a little longer.

I thanked my brother before stepping out of the car and up to her. "Hi," I said monotonously as she looked up from her phone, I could see the contact number was Jimin.

"Haeun, I'm so glad you came," She smiled hesitantly, not sure how I would react to her. "Yeah, let's go inside," I said while walking past her and into the small cafe, the smell of coffee and pastries hit my nostrils.

I sat at a small table, Yena sitting down in front of me, her back straight. "Where do you want me to start from?" She asked me, "The start, from why you gave him my number in the first place," I demanded and she nodded, beginning to speak.

"Honestly Haeun, I wasn't trying to make you look weak, I was doing the opposite. I knew you were strong, I knew you wouldn't do something like that. The way Jungkook was talking about cheating made me pissed because I know how you felt when you were cheated on, so I told him he wouldn't get every girl he wanted, you being the example because you wouldn't let him get you," She started.

"I didn't expect him to actually text you, nor did I expect you to actually text him back, I thought you'd block him as soon as you found out who he was, but I was wrong. You both got close, friends and maybe more," She told me.

"I'm so sorry for making you feel belittled, I used you for the complete opposite reason, because you're strong, you have will power. It would've snapped him out of his 'fuck boy' phase and opened his eyes to the real world, which I thought would be good for him," She finished.

I thought for a couple of seconds. I had analysed her the whole time she spoke, how she never broke eye contact, was expressive, was passionate. I knew she wasn't lying, and the way my eyes were burning into hers, if she was lying it wouldn't have been as convincing as this.

"You promise?" I asked and she nodded, "I would never embarrass you, or let you be played. I love you Haeun, you're like my sister," She said and I nodded, "Okay," She looked at me again.

"Really? So we can be friends again?" She asked and I giggled, "We were always friends, I just needed time," I told her and she held her chest while sighing, "Thank god! I thought I'd lost you," She said and threw a napkin at me, obviously it floated in a different direction.

"Are you going to speak to Jungkook?" She asked me. I thought about it, for the hundredth time this night. I sighed before nodding, thinking I was ready to confront him, and get the truth from him too.

~§~§~§~§~

Yayayayay
Thanks for reading!