03 | Ane, the Personal Maid

Start from the beginning

Such an irritatingly sound voice... ugh!

Punching my pillow, I found myself thinking that I truly was too good for this type of job, but I also knew that sometimes the world doesn't work like how we want it to. And so, I bottled it all in, every drop of my fury, and headed out the door with a smile that radiated the heat of that fury. It radiated it in such a way that the 'Master' could easily confuse it as warm rays of my eternal beauty.

"Good luck, Ane," my sister muttered before I left, with an expression I couldn't read.

☆☆☆

Daniel typed away on the keyboard of his high-end, yet-to-be-commercially-released computer for a few seconds, and slid what seemed to be a custom CD into it. He then gave off a smile that spelled trouble, and put on his headphones. After a bit the creep started moving his hands quickly as if he didn't know where to place them, and then came the inevitable reddening of his cheeks (and his ears). What was he looking at? I can wonder, but that's just a stretch. Since I was already next to him, I only had to lean in a little bit to see── oh... oh, of course. I shouldn't be surprised.

Of course he would use the most advanced technology possible for trash. Why did I dare to think otherwise?

Daniel paused the video of pure sin, and allowed his eyes to linger on me. His freaky smile widened as he checked me out from top to bottom. He should at the very least hide that he likes what he sees, just as every other respectful guy around me does, but of course, I had to remind myself that this guy was no one other than Daniel Campbell, the neighborhood's human pest── of course he won't be respectful.

"When would you like me to do that to you?" He asked, continuing on with his smile. "I promise it'll be fun, and I can teach you a thing or two, too."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. When will this torture end?

"I would like to keep my innocence for good. I have no wish to waste it on you or anyone else, Master Daniel." Nobody's worth it. Literally nobody's body is, 'cuz... no. Just no.

"Wake. Up. Woman. Where's your feisty, moody self? Now you're just... dull. Is it because of my order on playing nice, babe?"

Babe? Ugh, is that gonna be my nickname? Nope, heck no!

"Please don't call me that, I don't like it, Master Daniel." I couldn't help it. I had to say it.

If he knows why I changed, by the way, why did he ask me? Is he dumb?

Daniel's lips quickly worked together to make the cutest of all devilish grins. I suddenly felt like melting. "Babe," he teased. His eyes narrowed playfully, knowing he (almost) had me. I could feel myself blushing, but I simply had to resist. I turned myself away from him, hoping that it would cool me down. Nobody should be able to make me stoop so low, but here he was, doin' just that! "Why don't you stop me, Ane? Did you finally give up, or is it that you like me now?"

I almost gagged. Me, liking this annoying, perverted, fun-sized twig? Ha!

"I hate you," I began, breathing in and out slowly, forcing my blood to cool down. "There's no way ever in my life that I would like you── or far much worse, love you. I'd rather be burned alive in the most agonizing way possible. Light me up like a firework or blow me up. I don't care. I'm a simple woman, I only seek my own company. I'm fine by myself, you see." I looked straight ahead, clenching my hands. "No bone, no love, and I'm proud of it."

Daniel laughed and looked at me as if I were the love of his life or something. "And how did you think about loving me?" He had a certain dreamy look in his eyes that unsettled me, but I'm not sure in what way. Was it because it melted my heart or was it because I was disgusted by how much my annoyance with him died away (in a matter of seconds)?