Chapter 26: Matt Is A Bit Upset

Start from the beginning

"I was out running and I saw someone laying there in the park. I had to go check and it was Cam..." his voice hitched. "He was unconscious and beat up really badly and he was freezing. I don't know how long he was left out there. " he said slowly. "So I brought him here." I could see a tear escape from his eye. I hugged him. There was a gigantic lump in my throat. "Do you know who did it?" I asked. I was pissed. I was beyond pissed. How could someone do this to him? How could they just leave him there? "I don't know, but whoever it was was long gone by the time I got there." he said.

Suddenly the doors opened and a doctor walked out with a worried look on his face. Clayton, myself and my mom got up. "I presume you're here for Cameron Dallas correct?" he asked. "Is he okay?" I quickly asked. "Can we see him?" I continued. "Just please have a seat so I can explain the situation. I reluctantly sat down and Clayton and my mom followed. "Cameron is not in a very good state. He was beat up rather severely. He has numerous bruises , a broken arm and his jaw was partially dislocated. Also..." he paused. "He seemed to have experienced a rather damaging strike to the spine that partially paralyzed him, it's not severe though. He has lost mild feeling in his legs and will need crutches. Also, his has developed pneumonia due to being left in the cold." The doctor said. I sighed in relief. At least he was still alive. That is all the mattered to me. "Can we please see him?" I asked. "Yes you may, he was just given strong pain medication so you wont have long till he passes out." the doctor said. I nodded and ran to his room. Clayton followed. I was just about to enter in when Clayton stopped. "Is something wrong?" I asked. "You go, I'll see him afterwards." he said. "You sure?" I asked. Clayton nodded. I quickly entered the room.

The hospital room was quite small.

Cam lay on his bed. He was hooked up to a drip and his arm was in a case. His face was filled with bruises and the skin around his eyes were blue. He looked horrible. Tears started pouring out my eyes as I approached him. "Matt..." he said softly as he looked up at me. I quickly sat down on a chair next to his hospital bed.

My heart dropped. The light in his eyes were gone. He looked so.... empty.

"Yes it's me." I said while taking his hand. "Looks like we switched places." he said while lightly chuckling. Only Cam would try to make light of this kind of situation. "Who did this to you Cam?" I asked. Cam didn't respond. Instead, a few tears dropped out of his bruised eyes. "Cameron..." I said sternly. Cameron opened his mouth. I could hear his voice shaking. "It was Nash...His mom caught us and the next day I saw him in the park and he just..."

I had never felt such a burning hatred for anyone in my entire life. I ran out of the hospital room. I grabbed my moms keys from her bag and ran to the car. I could hear my mom and Clayton calling for me but I didn't give a shit.

I got in the car and started it immediately. My hands clutching the steering wheel till my knuckles went white. I was speeding but I didn't care. I had business to take care of.

I got to Nash's house quicker than I expected to. I swerved into his driveway and got out of the car immediately. I didn't even lock it. I banged on the door. His mother quickly opened it. "Is Nash here?" I said while trying to keep my cool. "Yes he's upstairs." she said. I quickly pushed pass her and ran upstairs. I swung his door open to see him and Carter sitting on the bed playing xbox.

"Hey Matt-" he was quickly cut off with my fist connecting to his face. "What the FUCK Matt!" he yelled. Carter quickly got up and so did Nash. He was clutching his face. "How dare you? How DARE YOU!" I screamed. I see him mom was now standing by the doorway. Nash didn't say anything. "What the FUCK is wrong with you Nash. What the FUCK. YOU BEAT CAMERON HALF TO DEATH! HE IS MILDLY PARALYZED AND YOU LEFT HIM. YOU LEFT HIM THERE NASH. HE HAS PNEUMONIA! YOU BROKE HIS ARM! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU! HE COULD HAVE DIED IF CLAYTON DID NT FIND HIM LAYING THERE!!!" I screamed. "All Cameron talks about is you. He's been in love with you since the first fucking Magcon! Do you know how happy you made him NASH? DO YOU? Do you know how happy he was when he phoned me after New York. YOU'RE ALL HE WANTS. AND YOU GO AND NEARLY KILL HIM!" I screamed while tears poured down my face."I don't understand you Hamilton. Did you just use him for sex? Did you just use him for companionship and throw him away like a piece of trash when you were done? Did you even mean what you said when you told him you loved him? Did you just shit on his heart for fun?" I said while choking out tears.

"You don't fucking deserve him! And do you know what is even more fucked up? He probably STILL loves you." I said bitterly. "You stay the FUCK away from Cameron, do you understand? And us? We are no longer friends. You come near to me or to Cameron and I swear to god I will do more damage to you than what you did to Cam" I said while turning around and pushing past his mother. I turned around. "Just because your FUCKING family can't accept you and beats the shit out of you DOES NOT give you the right to beat the shit out of Cameron!" I said while angrily walking down the stairs. "Matt!" Nash shouted from the top of the stairs. I looked up at him. "Is he going to press charges?" Nash asked. I looked at him in disbelief. I shook my head.

"Hamilton Nash Grier. Don't ever fucking talk to me again."