Chapter Twenty Four - The Fortunate Accident

HEY GUYS,
HOW ARE YOU DOING? IT JAS BEEN A LONG TIME, SINCE I GOT TO INTERACT WITH YOU PEOPLE. WELL I MOVED. I SHIFTED PLACES SO WAS BUSY. WELL, THAT ASIDE I REALLY LOVED YOUR MESSAGES AND THE SUPPORT,GUYS. LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS. PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME (https://ko-fi.com/evelynpark) {link in website} AND WRITE ME LETTERS.

LOVE,
EVE

Won't keep you waiting!

†"""""""""""""""""""“""""""""""""""†
"Your majesty,  it seems according to our investigation there are signs of rebellion in the northern part of ZhaoShu. But some weird rumors have started spreading as well. They are saying that the areas are affected by...the..The Red Curse,  My Lord."

"Red Curse?  That is a myth which our greater fathers believed in. It was declared to be a barbaric act of a few fanatics. And the practice was hence forbidden.  No one is foolish to sacrifice oneself to kill others until that person is mentally deranged."

"But your majesty people are actually dying and all corpses have the skin peeled off.  The royal physician who examined it confirmed it and the symptoms are the same. But this isn't caused by any.. " He was on his knees begging his master with teary eyes that it was more irritating and intolerable.

"Enough. I will look into it. Get me more updates the one leading rebellion in the North. "

"Yes,  Your Majesty."

As soon as the guard vanished,  XinYi let a long sigh.

"You shouldn't take it lightly. "

"I am not."

XinYi picks up the cup as a maid comes with a jar of wine to fill it. XinYi gulps it all in one go.

"Someone is trying to revolt against the emperor. Who can it be? "

"Someone close or someone spared by me. "

The maid refills the cup.

"Wen, send your most able men to get more information about what is happening. Looks like our leisure hours are going to be cut short."

"As you wish."

Wen Ying vanished into thin air. XinYi let out a long sigh. He was about to leave when he sensed something.  

What is that?

He looked in the direction of the enclosure.

This energy is….

@Enclosure #prior the above conversation

Tired Yu Long had fallen asleep. When he let down his defenses he had no idea.  Maasa's protection was slowly fading.

He was in deep sleep unaware of a mysterious shadow crawling about his hiding space.  

"Be careful. Don't disturb his sleep. He is recovering."

"I get it. Let's take him to the hideout."

"Miss FeiMei you are pretty strong for a woman."

"Mister Baoli,  please concentrate on carrying Master Xing."

"Yes,  yes. I owe him a lot for saving my life.  Well, I could have also killed the monster myself. "

"Liar,  you ran away carrying me, leaving my Master all alone.  I doubt you even have any intention of helping us. "

"Well… I have all intentions of helping you, Miss FeiMei. "

"Well,  then help my Master as well.  That will be very helpful of you. "