"I do"

When I wake up I hear snoring in my ear. He's still asleep. Good. He needs it. I quickly realize that it's Sunday and move his arm before running to my bed. I quickly make it look like I slept in my bed and check the time.

10:47 am

Every Sunday Mr. Green comes to visit to see how we are doing and if we need anything. Every Sunday at 11. We have managed to shorten his trip with each passing Sunday. Monday's are very busy days and we like to "get ready for the hectic days ahead." I quickly pull on some leggings and a t-shirt before finding some random socks to put on. The wooden floors are always so cold when you first wake up.

I quickly run down the stairs and straighten up. Auggie doesn't need to be awake for this. He never really talks to auggie but we all know it's because auggie doesn't talk to him. August talks to no one. When I finish up I sit down on the couch but as soon as I do that I hear a knock at the door. I stand up and prepare myself for the same 6 questions.

Did I wake you?

How are you?

How's August?

Are you guys finding everything okay?

Do you need anything?

How are his therapy sessions going?

Wait what? "I'm sorry. His therapy sessions?" He nods at me. "Um. Fine I guess. I'm never really present for them unless they need me. We both agreed that it would be easier if he did them on his own" He nods again and looks around. "And he seems....okay?" He stops at me and looks me in my eyes. "You're okay?" I feel my brows furrow. What is he getting at? We're both fine. We've been fine and we'll continue to be fine.

"I'm sorry Mr. Green but what is this about?" Hopefully he's not implying what I think he's implying. He sighs and looks down. "To tell you the truth Miss Quinn I received a very concerned phone call and visit from your mother. She seems to think you aren't safe here." And just like that our record of having him in and out in 6 minutes is shattered.

"With all due respect me and auggie are fine. I'm safer than ever with him. He puts my safety above everything Mr. Green. I'm sorry my mother bothered you but you see, my mother, she doesn't like what I do for a living and she really doesn't like my current living situation." He nods and says he understands. Then he says he'll make sure she knows I'm safe and we say our goodbyes.

As I close the door I lean up against it. That could've gone better. "You feel safe with me?" I jump when I hear him and turn around. He looks so sad. I know he heard what my mother thinks of him. "Yes. I do"
-
After this morning's horrible meeting auggie and I decided to sleep some more and then go out to eat. So that's why I'm currently standing in front of my closet in one of auggie's shirts and some shorts. I pull out the blue, lace romper and some white heels with a buckle.

 I quickly go to my bathroom to get my makeup on so I don't get it all over my outfit

I quickly go to my bathroom to get my makeup on so I don't get it all over my outfit. I do a soft "no makeup" look. I apply all my foundation, concealer, contour, bronzer, and highlight before applying mascara, and some lip gloss. I hear auggie come up behind me and look in the mirror. "Should I straighten my hair or leave it curly?" His eyes scan my face before catching mine in the mirror. "Straighten it" I nod my head and as quickly as I can straighten all of my hair. I leave it down and walk out of the bathroom leaving auggie.

I pull off his t-shirt and my shorts and pull on the romper. I reach behind my back and zip it up before sitting on my bed and pulling on the heels. I stand up and look down at my toes and smile. Yesterday August painted them black. I never knew he could be so gentle with a brush. I told him he should learn to paint and he said maybe but the way he said it made me believe that he already knows how to paint. I look up when I feel eyes on me. "Admiring my work?" I blush and nod. Then I see his outfit. Black skinny jeans, checkered vans, and a black t-shirt. Then I look back down at my outfit. Maybe I should change. I hear him walking toward me but I keep looking down. He looks so comfortable and I look way too fancy. He looks like he's hanging out with a friend and I-

I look like I'm going on a date!

I feel him grab my shoulders. "I already know what you're thinking. Don't change. You're not too fancy. You look good." I look up at him and smile. He knows me too well. I grab my clutch and his hand and drag him down the stairs. I see him grab the keys to my car from the hook and I smile. Good. I can usually drive in heels but not these ones. It's always been hard. He closes and locks the door as I walk to the car.
-
He decided that we would go to the stuffed mushroom place and who was I to argue? When we got in and got everything ordered I feel him looking at me so I look up. We make eye contact and he smirks. I feel heat rush to my cheeks but I try not to let it show. I look anywhere but him. "What do you wanna do when we get home?"

"Arabella?" My head snaps to him. Oh. He asked me a question. "Um, do you want to go to the mall?" He looks at me confused and deeply sigh. "I suppo-" I quickly cut him off.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. We can just go home" He shakes his head at me and tells me he wants to go. I simply nod my head once and look down. He doesn't really want to go. He just knows that if he doesn't come with me then I can't go and as he's stated multiple times before he hates seeing me sad. I pout and look down at the ring of water forming around my cup on the table.