Loud noises

Bella's POV

There are only 3 minutes left in my shift and I can no longer wait for them. I've been staring at the clock for 6 minutes and I swear time hasn't moved. The only reason I know they are only 3 minutes left now is because the night nurse is here and is making her way to me. This particular nurse is always 3 minutes early. Never 4 and never 2. Always 3 minutes. She gets everything she needs from me and I clock out. When I get to my locker I pull on my jacket and grab my purse. I slide my phone into my pocket and grab my keys and water bottle before Danny is tapping my shoulder. No no no. I just want to go home. I didn't get a chance to eat today and I want to sleep. I turn around and give him a half smile. "Hey, I know you clocked out and you wanna leave but 21 3b is asking for you" No no no noooo.

Why is he asking for me? I nod at him and take the elevator up to floor 2 before taking the stairs and waking to his room. I knock on the door and open it myself. When I get it open he's less than an inch away from it. "Danny said you were asking for me?" He gives me a confused look before slowly nodding. "Are you okay?" I nod at him and ask if he's okay. "You only came to see me once and you didn't give me a hug." I looked down, "I know you don't like them. I dont want to make you uncomfortable" I see his hand reach toward me before dropping and then coming back up. He puts it under my chin and makes me look at him. "Arabella. You could never make me uncomfortable. And no I do not like hugs," He stops and brings me to his chest. "But you do" I wrap my arms around his waist and squeeze.

I didn't realize it but I really needed a hug. I breathe into his shoulder "thank you" I feel him nod before squeezing one last time and letting go. I bring my arms down but stop at his wrist and wrap my small fingers around it. He allows me to feel it for a couple seconds before slowly pulling his wrist down. I realize what I did and I can feel my cheeks grow warm. "That was all I needed if you want to go now" I looked up at him. "Do you want me to go?" He looked down at me and looked like he was thinking. It only took 7 seconds for him to slowly shake his head. I sat my purse and water bottle down on a little table and sat down in the chair next to his bed before taking off my jacket. He came and sat down on his bed in front of me.

I had barely gotten out a sentence when the door opened. "Oh for fucks sake" I flinched at the language. Clare. I looked up at auggie but he was already looking at me. He gave me an annoyed look and I giggled.

August's POV

She giggled.

She fucking giggled. And oh that giggle. That giggle. I could listen to it every morning and night. Clare looked between us. "You're gonna say "this is my patient" but you aren't on the clock right now. What the fuck are you doing here this time?" The way she mocked her made me mad. I'm not sure why but it did. She doesn't even sound like that. I could see bella about to cry and I quickly decided that now would be a good time to speak up. "She's here because I want her here." Clare gives me a shocked look. "Her?! Little miss Lolita virgin? You wanted her? Here?!" That was more information than I needed but for some reason when she said virgin my cock twitched. I heard a sniffle and looked back only to see tears slipping past her eyes.

I knelt down in front of her. "Do you want her gone?" She quickly nodded at me while furiously wiping tears. "Leave Clare. Now." I pause and stand up. "And if for any reason you are ever needed back in this room. Watch your language." She glares at us both before walking out and slamming the door. I squeeze my eyes shut and crouch down.

Bella's POV

Oh no. I swiftly get up and walk over to him. I asses the situation and see that he's just scared and that I have nothing to be afraid of. I crouch behind him and slowly put my hand on his back. I feel him flinch but he doesn't push me off. I rub his back before wrapping my arms around his body. I know he doesn't like hugs but I don't know how to comfort him yet.

I feel him slowly stop shaking after ten minutes in the same position. I squeeze tighter until he stops shaking completely. "I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. I'm so sorry" I feel him shake his head. "No. You did everything right. Thank you miss Quinn" I slowly let go of him and he stands up abruptly. I fall back but quickly stand up. And again he lets out the sweetest sound I've ever heard. I close my eyes and relish in the sound. Then he stops and I open my eyes and look up at him. I get a text from my mom and I grab my phone from my jacket pocket. She wants to do it at catfe at 11. I pout. "Are you okay?" He seems to ask me this a lot.

"My sister has a surprise so her, my mom, and I are going to get lunch tomorrow. She wants to have the lunch at catfe but I'm allergic to cats and she knows that!" My voice goes higher at the end and I know my eyes are filling with tears. He steps toward me. "Hey hey, no tears pretty girl. Just tell her you can't go" I shake my head while looking down. "I can't. Isabel already doesn't like me and if I don't go she'll hate me even more"