Present

I instantly recognize it as auggie and turn around. I know my face is rose red but in a weird sudden surge of confidence I say, "only if you're nice" I watch as his smirk falters a bit but he just chuckles. "Well then I'll be the nicest boy you've ever met" I smile at him and laugh.

We both know he isn't serious but still. I can't shake the feeling in the back of my head that really wants to show these to him later.
-
After grabbing a couple more items to sleep in, including a blue crop top and short set, the same set only in yellow, a black crop top and dirty pink short set, a grey 'sleep under the stars' tank top and short set and a yellow striped skirt with a bow crop top to match I finally think we're done. Then I see a pair of plaid pants. Again, different from what I usually wear but very cute. I grab them and throw them in the basket. And just when I think I'm actually done auggie shows me a two piece set. The top is a button crop top and the shorts have a tied waistline. "Now you'll have something black to match all of mine" I smile at him and take it. As we walk to the counter I see a pair of black vans. I run over and check the size.

I am having so much luck today. I quickly grab the shoes and speed walk to august. I noticed that he did actually grab a couple things for himself and smile. Now I won't feel as bad for making him carry all the bags. When we get to the counter I see a nail polish case. I quickly grab a pastel blue, white, black, and a teal.
-
When we get home and get all of the new clothing in the washer August decides that we need food. I suggest staying in and cooking but he suggests going out. I agree since I have a feeling that he won't want to do this very often. I decide that I've had enough of this outfit and these shoes so I go change into something more appropriate for the late evening weather. How it got so late is beyond me.

I changed into some black leggings, an oversized plain dark blue t shirt and my new black vans. I walked down the stairs and saw auggie pacing. "Are you okay?" He looks up at me and stops pacing. "I don't think...." He's having second thoughts. "Hey, we don't have to do this. We can stay inside. I won't mind" He shakes his head. "No. I can do it. We can do this" I smile at the way he says we. "Listen, we can find a small quiet place. Not too crowded but still delicious!" I see a smile slowly start to spread on his face. I smile back at him and grab the keys.
-
When we arrive at the quiet little Chinese cottage I look over at him. "When we get back to the house I have a present for you" He smirks. "If it's not what I think it is I'll be a little upset" I give him a confused look. What he thinks it is? What is that?

Oh.

you gonna model those for me later?

I give him a sheepish look as the heat rises to my cheeks. It's not what he thinks it is but I can certainly make it that.
-
Dinner went surprisingly well. Nothing too bad happened. At one point a family came in but even they stayed kind of quiet.

We pull up to the house and he looks at me. During the entire dinner I could barely listen to him speak to me. I was thinking about his present. Should I do it? Is it a good idea? We've only known each other for about a month and we just moved in together. And he's my patient! I'm his nurse. This wouldn't go over very well with anybody from the home. He goes to say something but I quickly put my hand up in his face. I squeeze my eyes together and simply hold it out. After about a minute I don't hear anything so I open my eyes. I see him looking confused. I let the bottom part drop out. "I got us matching key chains! It's a little fish in a bag!!" I hear him chuckle and I smile. He grabs it from me and says thank you.

I take my seat belt off and turn off the car before glancing over at him

I take my seat belt off and turn off the car before glancing over at him. He looks disappointed.

And in the moment I make my decision. "Auggie," He looks up at me and quickly changes his frown to a smile. "Yes Arabella?" I smirk at him. "That wasn't your present" He looks shocked.