Chapter 24 : Recreation for the CMCs

Don't worry, that title will make more sense by the end of the chapter.

It had been four weeks since Soarin's birthday, and the Wonderbolts were getting ready for an upcoming performance near Ponyville. 

"Hey, so Scootaloo was telling me about how she and her friends are setting up a cutie mark day camp over where that old summer camp used to be." Soarin said, while he was talking with the others after practice.

"Oh, you mean Camp Friendship? I spent a summer there once; did you know Countess Coloratura went there as a filly?" Surprise asked, and the others all shook their heads no, except for...

"Yeah, I knew that, I've known for months." Rainbow said, and Rapidfire rolled his eyes

"There's a shock, not. You always seem to know stuff we don't." he muttered

"Wait, how did you know?" Blaze asked

"Oh, turns out she and Applejack were best friends at Camp Friendship, and they reconnected at the Helping Hooves Music Festival in Ponyville a while back. Also, it's just Coloratura, she's not 'Countess' anymore. She also goes by Rara." Rainbow explained

"Rara?" They all asked

"Yeah, AJ shortened Coloratura to Rara, because it was easier to say." Rainbow told them.

"Anyway, Scootaloo and her friends are turning Camp Friendship into this day camp to help the blank flanks of Ponyville get cutie marks." Soarin continued, and they all kept talking for a while. The next day, the Wonderbolts were flying to their training course, while Spitfire was muttering about where in Equestria Thunderlane was.

"I see him, he's down there!" Blaze called out, pointing at the signature blue and yellow flight suit, with Thunderlane in it, down in a field. Spitfire beckoned for the other Wonderbolts to continue flying to the training course, then for Soarin and Rainbow Dash to follow her, before swooping down.

"Oh, hey Spitfire." Thunderlane said nervously, as the three ponies hit the ground, pushing their flight goggles up. Thunderlane had been surrounded by a bunch of foals, who gasped in amazement at the arrival of three more Wonderbolts.

"What are you doing here? You're late." Spitfire snapped at him

"Oh, I was just dropping off my little brother at the CMCs' day camp, he wouldn't come by himself." Thunderlane said, gesturing with his wing to the colt by his side, who was rolling his eyes at the foals surrounding them.

"Well he's here, now let's go, and you're getting an extra lap during our warm up." Spitfire ordered

"Yes ma'am." Thunderlane said. Soarin saw Scootaloo and her two friends on a stage, clearly upset that the attention of the foals had turned to the Wonderbolts in their midst.

"Um, Captain Spitfire, we should let the CMC's get back to what they're doing with the foals." Soarin murmured into Spitfire's ear.

"You're right Co-Captain Soarin, we'd better go." Spitfire agreed out loud, taking off "Come on Thunderlane." Spitfire called out, flying off. Thunderlane sighed and followed, Rainbow and Soarin taking off after him, Soarin waving to Scootaloo and mouthing

"see you later sis" to her, a gesture that did not go unnoticed by the foals.

"Wow, real Wonderbolts, and two of them are your siblings!" an accented voice said excitedly

"Well, Rainbow Dash is practically my sister, and she's a Wonderbolt too, so that's three, not two." Scootaloo's response was blown up to them by the wind, and Rainbow smiled