Chapter 7 : Soarin's Sick Day

Yeah, so i decided to do Soarin, but i might do Rainbow in another Chapter~Melody Song       

A few months later, Soarin was staying over at his Aunt's in the guest room they'd made up for him. Soarin woke and let out a loud, throaty cough just as Scootaloo came into the room.

"Aunt Holiday! Auntie Lofty! Soarin's sick!" Scootaloo shouted, and Soarin rolled his eyes

"I am not sis, it's just a cough, it doesn't mean anythi-achoo!" Soarin sneezed into his foreleg and coughed again.

"You are sick bro; I know you are." Scootaloo insisted, then jumped onto the bed and cuddled up against her brother.

"It's ok though, Auntie Lofty and Aunt Holiday will take good care of you." Scootaloo said, and Soarin hugged her, sniffling a little

"I still say I'm fine." He said, but coughed again and sighed

"You're sick." Scootaloo stated, hugging him

"Ok, ok, maybe I am a little, tiny bit...sick." Soarin said, giving in. He hugged Scoot as she lay beside her brother, nuzzling him in comfort. That was how their aunts found them when they entered the room.

"Oh, Soarin dear, don't worry, we'll help you." Aunt Lofty told Soarin, feeling his forehead for his temperature.

"This is why you need more rest. You overwork yourself." Aunt Holiday commented, but helped Aunt Lofty fuss over Soarin.

Later, Soarin's aunts needed to go to work, and Scootaloo had left earlier to hang out with her friends. Soarin was left alone, supposedly sleeping, but he got out of bed, leaving the house on trembling legs. Soarin took off, heading for a clear spot in the sky. Yesterday, Soarin had promised Rainbow he'd meet her there that day, she'd finally got back from a trip she took with her friends. Soarin wasn't able to fly properly and nearly crashed into some pony.

"Soarin? What's wrong with you?" it was Rainbow

"Dashie-cough-cough-I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner. I woke up not feeling too great and-achoo!" Soarin rubbed his nose with the side of his hoof, and then was pulled into a hug by Rainbow, who held him close.

"Soarin, you poor thing. Did you tell your aunts?" Rainbow asked

"Yeah-sniff-Scoot told them-cough-cough-but they had to go to work. I was coming to find you-achoo!" Soarin explained, and Rainbow took off, flying into town

"I'm taking you back home Soarin, and you're going right back to bed." Rainbow ordered, going into the house and carrying him into the entryway. Soarin sighed and closed his eyes, resting them for a minute. He was going to end up sleeping in bed anyway.

"Scootaloo, is that you? Your brother's gone." A mare asked, which Soarin vaguely recognized as his Aunt Lofty's voice in his sleepy state.

"No ma'am, it's Rainbow Dash, I've got Soarin." Rainbow called out, and Lofty emerged from the kitchen

"Oh, thank you Rainbow Dash, why did he leave?" Lofty asked

"To find me, he was supposed to meet me earlier today." Rainbow answered

"I see, you know, I only came home for a little bit to check on Soarin. I need to return to work. If you wouldn't mind, I'd feel better about leaving if you took Soarin to your home to take care of." Lofty suggested

"Of course, um..." Rainbow realized she didn't know which of Soarin's aunts this was

"Lofty, dear." Lofty told her

"Well, of course I'll help, Lofty." Rainbow said, before leaving the house with Soarin asleep in her hooves. Rainbow passed Scootaloo on the way, who called out Rainbow's name until the mare stopped.