"Jordan, that's it. I'm taking you to the hospital."

I'm wrapped in strong, cold arms and lifted off of the softness I was lieing on.

A few more muffled voices appear, questions and answers. Then I'm placed in the seat of a car.

The engine might be loud; I wouldn't know. But I am able to find a cold grip on my hand that draws some of the pain away.

Somehow, I manage to frown. The grip is much tenser than usual. But then it disappears.

I make an unhappy noise, and it comes back.

When we reach the hospital, I can tell, because Jasper's steps are faster, and there's more noise. But I can't complain, because it means more time wrapped in his cold arms.

An air of panic has risen in the room, whatever it's use is. I get the feeling there's more than three people in here.

Jasper has laid me down on a bed of some kind, but has not let go of my hand.

"Carlisle, what's wrong with her?"

"I don't know. It's been a while since I've seen this kind of head pain in someone so young."

"Can you help her?"

This voice is new. Soft, feminine, but not quite as low as Rosalie's, so...Alice?

"Of course. I'm not going to leave her in this much pain."

Someone walks over to the bed.

"Jasper, I have to ask you to leave, along with your siblings."

"No. I won't leave her like this."

"I have to abide by medical rules. You are not her family, and this may end up as an operation." His final sentence has a different tone to it.

Jasper's hand tightens on mine. His reluctance is clear, but he begins to pull away.

I reach for his wrist and latch onto it. "Please stay."

Even to my ears, those words sound pained. But so far he's the only thing that has taken the mind wrenching pain away. I don't care how pathetic I sound.

"I don't like hospitals, remember?" I say weakly.

"Why is that?" Dr. Cullen asks.

I try to turn my head and open my eyes. I at least accomplish the latter.

Edward, Alice, Emmet and Jasper are all here. The other three are standing back, mainly because Emmet blocks the light. Dr. Cullen is on my left.

"It's a long story. Why are all you guys here?"

"Jasper told us about how you are feeling. We were worried," Alice says.

"Your father and sister are waiting outside," Edward says.

"Charlie isn't my dad..." I say sadly.

"Well, it's what he put his name down for. And if he isn't, why do you use his last name?" Dr. Cullen asks.

"He said I could," I say.

Another wave of pounding hits me, and I groan. Jasper grasps my hand and places his other over my forehead.

"What are you doing?" Dr. Cullen asks.

"It's the only thing that soothes it," Jasper says.

"Very well. Jordan, I'm going to have to ask you some questions so I can figure out what's causing this. I will do it as fast as possible," Dr. Cullen says.