Chapter 27

It’s Everything About You- Chapter 27

They say that the blind have their senses of taste and hearing extremely strong to make up for the lack of sight, and I now know what they mean.

 Explosions from the thousands of cameras in shaking girls’ hands was causing a strobe light effect, blinding me from the animalistic scene that was playing out before us. My eardrums were about to burst due to the intense screams that knocked me back like a tidal wave and I could taste the pure love, excitement and even lust that filled every little nook and cranny of the space. After a minute, once I regained my sight, thousands of tear and mascara streaked, bright red excited faces filled my vision. I knew that if Megan and I hadn’t of been surprised by the boys and arrived at the gig with them, then we would’ve been just another two nameless teenage faces in the crowd of hyperventilating girls.

I felt Louis’ grasp on my hand tighten, giving it a firm yet comforting squeeze, as if to say “don’t be afraid babe, chin up, I’ve got this”. When you looked around at Liam, Niall, Zayn, Harry and Louis it was clear that they had this routine down pat. Smile, wave, yell a few “thank you’s” and “I love you too’s” back into the crowd, then flash another toothy grin to the awaiting photographs. There seemed to be a bit of a scene going on over towards my left, crazier than the rest, so when I took a look at what was going on I could not believe my eyes. Zayn wasn’t doing his usual solitary pose, smoulder then smile, instead he had his arm draped around Megan, my best friend’s waist, pulling her in close to his body for photos. I caught Meg’s eye and gave her a tiny thumbs up as she made a motion with her lips as if to say “omg, is this real life?” I heard Louis give a little chuckle and saw Niall and Harry give Zayn a supportive thump on the back. Zayn whispered something in Niall’s ear, causing him to look in my direction and flashing me a little grin.

“I think he’s got the hots for you!” Lou said softly to me.

“Oh don’t be silly,” I responded, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

All of a sudden the girls went totally insane, so I looked over towards Meg and Zayn again to see him holding her in his arms, in a kind of salsa style pose, pausing for another photo opportunity that was sure to make the top article on gossip sites. Even from this distance I could see the look they were giving each other- there was definitely something going on between the pair, with emotions and feelings involved. As he pulled her back up to eye level they shared a moment, it was starting to become quite obvious that they were developing feelings for each other, and then he gave her a soft kiss on her rosy cheek to send the fans into turmoil. I could envision the sugarscape and Perez Hilton headlines now.

“New love for Zayn Malik?”

“Who is Zayn’s mysterious brunette?”

“Zayn Malik’s fling down under- the inside word”.

Liam grabbed my arm and pointed to his flashy Cartier watch, indicating that it was time to go backstage and prepare for the concert ahead. The seven of us made our way to a door marked “backstage only” in big, bold, black letters. I followed the boys inside, last in behind Harry who held the door for us. I grabbed Megan’s hand and pulled her towards me where we both slid down the white brick wall, pausing for a minute to fill our lungs with fresh air.

“Holy shit” I said under my breath.

“That was totally insane hey” Meg responded.

“Bloody sure was, now tell me what is going on with you and Zayn missy!”

Meg’s face went red as soon as I mentioned his name, her eyes shied away from mine, looking down the hall towards him.

“C’mon! We’re best friends, you have to tell me these things!” I nagged, poking her in the ribs.

“It can wait for tonight”.

“Fine.”

She hauled me to my feet, and we set off into a run down the hallway towards the dressing room marked “One Direction”. We exchanged an excited glance, our eyes wide open and grins as big as the moon, before pushing the heavy door open to the excitement inside.