chapter 9

“Tonight is the night!!!” Meg exclaimed her face lighting up brighter than the sun as we met each other at the bus bay after the final bell had rang on Thursday afternoon.

 “Tonight?” I questioned, a little more than clueless as to why she was so excited.

“Hot 30 is announcing the details about the concert you duffer!!!” She said, looking a little shocked that I didn’t immediately know why she was bursting at the seams with excitement and fair enough- this was the biggest One Direction announcement that had affected us to date! But in my defence, my mind was a little pre-occupied at the moment- I had enormous pressure being placed on me by my teachers to pick up my slipping grades at school, I was freaking out over an upcoming dance exam and I had a boy messing with both my head and my heart and he was driving me absolutely insane.

“Oh my gosh Meg I’m so sorry, how on earth could I forget?!” I apologised to my lovely best friend for having a mental blank.

“That’s okay babe” she laughed as my ex best friend Claudia (who had turned out not to be such a fab friend at all) strutted past and laughed, no doubt at my expense, posse in tow. “You okay Kate?” she asked.

“Yeah I’m fine, man I’m so glad I got away from them and found you,” I responded.

“Well me too cause now I have a wonderful best friend in you,” she said. Megan was honestly the loveliest girl, she always knew how to put a smile on my face, whether it be making up some excuse to feed the teachers for when I was late to class (which happened quite frequently) or giving me advice on all my boy drama. Yep, she was the perfect best friend and I was very lucky to have her in my life. Seeing my bus begin to drive off I yelled a quick goodbye to some of my friends, gave Meg a hug and promised to text her after netball training so that we could listen to the all exciting announcement together and then I chased after my bus, just hoping not to miss it which would mean that i would have to walk the entire way home.