Chapter 23

A/N: To those of you who rememeber, I promised I’d tell you what memory Jessie recalled at the park, and it is… that she had her first kiss with Ryan there. XD Congrats if you got it right!

But this is dedicated to @underworldthrone for being the first one to guess.

PS: Try listening to Just The Girl by The Click Five, because it really fits this story. I tried to put it on the side, tell me if it’s there!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jessica’s POV

I was just in my peaceful slumber, but, of course, it just had to be interrupted!

“Wake up!” I hear Jack’s voice yell from the other side of the door, before I heard pounding on my door.

“Dude, you’ll break my door!” I shout, letting him know I’m awake. He obviously knew now, because the pounding stopped, “What do you want, Jack?” I yell, so he could hear.

“Mom told me to wake you up!” he shouts, probably louder than needed, “We have school today, you know!”

“I know,” I mutter, but then remembered that he couldn’t hear me, “Okay, now leave!”

Do I really have to come to school today? Or on any other day for the matter?

I mean, I’m planning on being a lawyer or doctor, so I don't get how learning about Newton, or something like that, could be any help!

I groan, but stand up anyway, rubbing my eyes.

I don't just hate school, I hate the people there… some of them. I just don't know what I’d do if I saw Ryan again. You know what happened the last time we were together, right? Yeah, it wasn’t pretty… shit!

I snapped out of my thoughts when my eyes landed on my wall clock, it was already 7:25! Meaning I only had twenty minutes to get ready, and fifteen minutes to drive to school!

Wow, I just did math, and I just woke up, maybe I’m smarter than I thought. I smile, before sprinting into the bathroom.

I felt pretty awesome, since I bathed in like, ten minutes. I quickly wrapped the towel around myself, and rushed to plug my hairdryer in. I blow-dried my hair in like five minutes, so it was still pretty damp when I was finished.

I quickly ran into my closet and wore the first thing I saw. I grabbed my school bag, and ran down the stairs, “Bye mom!” I tell her, once I see her face.

“Where are you going?” she asks.

“School.” I quickly say, making a run for the door.

“Jessica, stop!” my mom orders, making me stop in my tracks, “You haven’t had breakfast yet.”

“Mom, I can wait until lunch, now bye!” I was about to swing open the door, when she grabbed my arm, “Mom!”

“Jessica May Jones, you aren’t leaving until you have breakfast.” She states, “And you have to eat every single bite of---”

I didn’t let her finish, I ran into the dining room, seeing that there was no point in arguing about this. I quickly sat at the table, seeing that there was a plate of pancakes for me. I ate all of it as quickly as I could, nearly choking, but finishing it. I quickly gulped down my water, “Bye mom!” I say, wiping the water from my lips.

“Bye sweetie, take care---“

I was already outside before she could finish her sentence, not bothering to brush my teeth. I ran right in my car. I chucked the keys in, and make my way to school. I popped a breath mint into my mouth, so I didn’t smell like morning breath.