Chapter 7

Jessica’s POV

I haven’t drunk much last night, but I drank just enough to give me one heck of a killer hangover. Once I finally got my ass out of bed, I checked the time, to see that I’ve overslept, since the clock clearly says; 12:42 in the afternoon.

I ignored the thought of taking a shower, since I was pretty hungry by now, so I headed downstairs for breakfast… but since it’s past 12:00 noon, I’d have to say ‘lunch’.

“Hey sweetie, how was your sleep?” My mom greets me, as I sit at the dining table.

“Great, but my head kinda hurts.” I admit, putting some food on my plate.

My mom stands from the table, walks over to one of the drawers in the living room, gets painkillers, comes back, and hands me the painkiller, “Here you go.”

“Thanks mom.” I look around the table, to see that Jacob wasn’t here. “Where’s Jacob? Doesn’t he always come on weekends?” I ask, and then drunk the pill.

“He had some college stuff to do, so he’ll probably come next week.”

“Oh, okay.” I ate some of my lunch. A few minutes later, as I was chewing, my mom kept taking short glances at me, as if debating on telling me something, “What is it, mom?”

“Honey, you tell her.” She orders Steven.

He clears his throat, “Jess, about your car…”

I swallow, “What happened?” By now my head stopped hurting, and all I could do was worry. What happened to my baby?

“No, nothing happened.” Steven assures me, “It just… it might not be coming today.”

“Why?”

The day we brought the car to a repair place, a worker told me that it’d be ready today.

“The car was damaged pretty bad, since the other car hit the engine.” He explains,

“But it’ll be fixed next week right?” I hope.

“It could…” he trails off, “but it might even be fixed the week after.”

“Oh…” I wasn’t expecting that. “But aren’t I taking advantage of Kayla already?” I ask, remembering that she drives me practically everywhere at the moment.

“Don’t worry, Jess, if you’d like your mother and I could rent a motorcycle for you to use in the meantime.”

“Oh, that’s better… I guess.” I smile.

Steven was the greatest dude ever. I wonder why mom didn’t find him before dad. Steven really knew how to make someone happy, no wonder why mom’s always smiling when he’s around.

“Good, because the motor’s right outside.” He proudly smiles.

I laughed at this.

Shouldn’t he have rented the motorcycle once I've agreed on using one?

I swallow my last bite of food, “Can I check it out?”

“Sure, it’s parked right at---“

Before Steven could finish his sentence, the doorbell rung.

“I’ll get it.” I announce, “And Steven, I’ll just find the motor.”

“Okay.”

I open the front door, to find… Ryan? With a bouquet of flowers and chocolate?!