Chapter 2

Jessica’s POV

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

HARD POKE.

“OUCH!” I open my eyes, though my vision was blurry, I could see a pair of greyish eyes looking right at mine.

“Why are you still here?!” the girly voice shouts, “I thought you were just here for a project!”

Who was this chick?!

I rub my eyes to clear my vision. It was Beth. “We did do the history project.” I explain, emphasizing the word ‘history’, just in case she might be thinking of another project, if you know what I mean.

“Then why are you here?”

“We lost track of time, it was pretty late, so I stayed.” I shrug.

“Why are you using the guestroom anyway? If you two had sex and didn’t want it to be obvious, you shouldn’t have worn his clothes.”

I blushed, realizing that I was still wearing Ryan’s clothes, “We didn’t do anything.” I promised.

“I’ll be completely honest with you; I don’t like you.” she bluntly admits.

I sit up on the bed, looking up at Beth’s face. “Why?” I ask, “You hardly know me. You can’t just hate me already, without getting to know me.”

“Yes I can, you can’t control who I hate or not.” She sasses, “Besides, I don’t trust you with my brother."

“Excuse me?!” I looked at her disbelievingly, “I was here for a history project! Before the stupid project, Ryan and I never even acknowledged each other!”

“Who cares? I think---“

“Beth!” a voice scolded.

I turned my attention away from Beth, to see Ryan staring at us with an amused smirk. He was already in a pair of jeans, together with a blue shirt, his blonde hair in a completely perfect mess.

“What?!” she asks Ryan, “I was just talking to this chick, and---“

“She has a name.” Ryan tells her, “And I don’t want you talking to her like that.”

“Why not? She---“

“Beth, we didn’t do anything.” He assures her, “And besides, you know me; I don't do relationships.”

“But---“

“Apologize.” He orders.

She groans in irritation, before turning to face me, and mumbling a ‘Sorry’.

“Louder.” Ryan orders.

She made her voice louder, “I’m sorry… what’s your name again?” she smirks.

I roll my eyes, “Jessica.”

“I’m sorry… Jessica.” she smiles wickedly.

Even though she was apologizing, it seemed like she was thinking of one million ways to kill me.

She looks back at Ryan, “Can I go now?” she whines.

“Yes, you may.” He smirks at her, and she leaves the room. “Sorry about Beth… she doesn’t like most girls I bring home.”

I tried to shake away the disgusting images that were swarming my head at the words, ‘I bring home’, “So… can I use the bathroom?” I point at the bathroom that was in the guestroom I slept in.