25-Monastery!

NANDINI POV

"Are you sure you will be fine alone?" Dad asked me for the last time.

"Yes Daddy! I will don't worry." I assured rolling my eyes for the hundredth time.

"Okay then take care and there is the food in the fridge for you." Mom said instructing me.

"Okay I promise I will eat it on time. Now bye you guys are getting late." I said pushing them out and closing the heavy double door breathing soundly, walking inside humming to myself.

I can't be believe its already been two days since I came back home and I never have been happier than this. Surrounded by my family, helping with preparation with all the laugh, jokes and teasing. It feels like I never left in the first place. And It feel the pain in my arms whenever I remember how it was to reuniting with my bunch of bitches aka Mukti and Alya with their boyfriends Abhimanyu and Dhruv. They brutally slapped my arms leaving it sore with pain before engulfing me in a hug.

It felt really good to know how successful they are finally in their life. They all are following their families footsteps except Alya who is a successful Bollywood fashion. They all are most out of the country but thanks to Navya's wedding they are staying here until wedding.

"Ting Tong!"

"did they forget something?" I wondered remembering about my parents who has gone to a business dinner when I heard the door bell.

"Ting tong!"

"Coming!" I grumbled walking in the direction to open the door.

I started speaking while opening the door "Now what did you fo.." but my voice stuck in my throat seeing the familiar dominating presence on my doorstep. He didn't visit in last two days , even missed the dinner then why he is now here when no one's home?

"Manik?" I asked frowning.

"Yeah?"He answered frowning too. "Come!" I opened the door widely inviting him, lets just forget all about the web series I planned to watch tonight.

"Isn't uncle home?"He asked in his heavy voice looking around, his grey business suit clad frame , hands tuck in his pocket already making the huge hall small.

"No they went for s business dinner." I answered nonchalantly, walking passed him.

"And Navya?" He asked following me to the living area sofas.

"On a date with cabir." I answered sitting on one of the sofa motioning him to sit on one too and he complied.

After few seconds of silence he cleared his throat before speaking "and your boyfriend?"He asked skeptically.

"Mikhail?"I asked to confirm.

"Why do you have any other one now?" He mocked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes on my stupidity.

"Yeah well he is gone for an urgent work." I answered truthfully.

"So coffee or any drink?" I asked being polite.

"Coffee will do thanks!" God! the plan is ruined since I hoped for him to decline.

"Well right away." I said smiling extra sweetly getting up to go inside the kitchen.

"I hardly get time to pamper myself and here my manners have to ruin everything for me." I grumbled to myself irritated, roughly grabbing and closing cabinets to pull out the cup.

"I guess I disturbed you by coming here." The voice said halting me in my movement in shock and I gasped feeling suddenly embarrassed. Did he hear me complaining?