12.Back to NYC

Nandini POV

We landed back in New York after the next morning of the ball. Now I and Mikhail are heading towards our home from the airport precisely  He is dropping me back to my apartment since his driver came to pick us up. Its already cold here in New York, cold strong winds are blowing , indicating that the winters are arriving soon.

Mikhail's Chauffeur Adam ushered us inside the shiny black Mercedes Benz parked outside the airport. And we both took our seat at the back next to each other. Soon the wheels are rolling on the smooth road of Manhattan taking us to our destination.

The view of the New York city is always breathtaking with the amazing tower glass buildings and skyscrapers. Manhattan is one of the most bustling city , people always seems busy rushing to their work destination especially in the morning; just like now. Most of the citizens in Manhattan are mostly outsiders; who moved here leaving their family and friend behind to make a better living for themselves and to provide their family a comfortable life. 80% of the residents here are either living alone by themselves or with their partners. The life of New York is quite different than Washington or any other cities out there.

The trip to Washington was finest well minus the encounter with Manik. On a serious note I really can't seem to understand him. He is too quiet to be him; this is not the Manik I used to know well talking about his temper and stubbornness its still same but overall he is a different personality now. As if someone else's soul living a life inside his body and he doesn't seem like that we were even together ever to begin with or maybe he never cared; that I had figured out already in the past and now he is free from me so-why-bother kind of vibe. Is it bothering me? Well Naah!not at all. But something is seriously not right with him atleast I can tell that much.

"Nandini!we are here." Mikhail soft voice beside me and the familiar warmth of his hand on my shoulder retrieved me from my deep thoughts signaling that we are already arrived at our destination and the sight of my apartment building from the car window is the living proof. And before I can open the door to my side it was already clicked open by the Gentleman named Mikhail Deniz Shaikh. I smiled at him while stepping down from the car mumbling a quite 'thankyou' to him which he responded with a bigger smile on his face.

His Chauffeur grabbed my suitcase from the trunk while I patiently waited near beside Mikhail who instantly took the bag from Adam before me passing me his charming signaling smile that can make any girl weak in their knees. "Let me walk the beautiful lady to the door now. Shall we?" And I rolled my eyes mumbling dramatically "always the Gentleman!" to avoid the spreading blush on my cheeks and hastily started to walk inside with him beside me.

We took the elevator and soon reached my floor and now after  looking for my apartment keys in my hand bag I pushed open the door.

"So I should take my leave now." I heard Mikhail softly announcing beside me pushing my suitcase inside and I frown turning around to take a look at him in confusion. "What? Aren't you coming inside?" I asked.

"I got a call from office so I'll be heading directly there.Not today but some other time for sure." He smiled encouragingly. I smiled back not liking the idea of him leaving so soon.

"Well okay then I guess,Bye!" I stated with a smile before turning around again to walk inside.

"Hey Nandini wait!" but Mikhail sudden voice stopped me and I again turn around in confusion just to notice him standing there a lil awkwardly fidgeting with a nervous smile.

"Yes?"

"I was ac.. actual.I mean" for some reason he seems too nervous which is so not him. And why this is all feel Deja vu?