19. VISITORS

NANDINI POV

"Emily!"

I called for her when I spotted her sitting in the lush private lounge outside the VVIP patient room of the hospital as instructed by the obnoxious receptionist down there. I never have the reason to visit here especially this presidential floor exclusively for the Elites and the powerful personalities but today I really can see that why this hospital is so popular among Elites.

"Nandini?" She got up throwing the magazine she was reading on the glass coffee table before approaching me.

I was panting heavily from all the running and panic and Emily looks a little surprised to noticing my condition.

"Ho..how is he?" I asked her breathless.

"Still same,come sit." She answered then gestured for me to sit beside her on the same crème couch.

"Any update? Did you know what exactly happened?" I asked impatiently and Emily dejectedly shook her head.

"Well nothing. No one is telling me anything except its confidential and they will directly speak his case to his family or someone really close." She explained helplessly.

"Where is he did you see him at least?" I asked hopefully.

"No, not yet. He is inside there though." She answered pointing towards the huge glass walls shielding with white blinds and two monstrous  guards stood there in royal uniform.

I suddenly felt at loss he is too near just across the glass yet too far from my reach right now that I can't even take a glimpse and see if he is really fine and get an idea about what's exactly wrong with him?

"So is anyone from his family coming here?" I asked hesitantly suddenly feeling a lump in my throat at the mention of it. The familiar people from my past.

"I don't know I was informed that its necessary." She answered shrugging "And I guess its void to sit here and wait for any update anymore because they are too secretive to tell us anything." She expressed her thoughts.

"So you are leaving?" I asked perplexed.

"I think you should too." She squeezed my shoulder with a suggestive expression but I immediately avoided looking into her eyes and heard her exhaling a long breath before speaking again.

"Look Nandini,I don't know what exactly is going on between you and The Duke but I won't push you to tell me. You are a nice girl and as far as I know he is a great man with a great personality too. If it's something there then you definitely have my blessing and I hope he won't hurt you." She smiled caressing my face and my eyes open wide in shock and I am completely out of words.

"No! No! Em, you are going too far with it. Its..its nothing like that. There is nothing between us we hardly talk, for god sake!" I blabbered almost stuttering and she stared and smiled, creeping me out.

"Really? Then why I don't believe you. " She smiled teasingly and I started fidgeting on my place. "Nandini maybe I've aged but I have seen world more than you and I can tell what exactly is happening around me."

"Oh no Em! but here you are wrong completely." I rolled my eyes in exasperation.

"Really again?"She asked amused and I nodded vigorously "mhm..then why he is always asking about you?"

"What?" I asked utter shocked.

"Yes my dear,whenever we have a meeting our 80% conversation just revolve around you instead of the real business. Initially it used to bother me but soon I realized we both love to talk about you. I have my suspicion on him but today seeing you this impatient and worried I'm sure you guys aren't telling me something that I already know." She taunted smugly and I shook my head helplessly completely avoiding the flutter inside my stomach about the fact he talks to Emily about me, but why?