One Battle to End It All

Y/N: How did you break free?!

Cross: That doesn't matter right now. Get your head out of the clouds Rose! We got approximately 5 hours until Sotan and Madara activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi and 2 hours until any sort of reinforcements arrive. Now pick your fucking selves up or else I will personally drag each of you right up to Madara's fucking doorstep!

That was a wake up call for the Akatsuki. Seeing his partner officially back from the dead, triggered something in him. The silver-eyed nin was up on his feet in an instant. A new look of determination on his face. The rest of the Akatsuki followed soon after.

Pein: Alright then. Akatsuki, we may have lost this battle, but we haven't lost this war. Madara is strong, but we are stronger if we work as a team. Which we weren't doing before. Now, let us actually end this, no more games.

Akatsuki: Hai!

Vale had decided to aid the Akatsuki, so did Atlas. Team RWBY and JNPR were among Vale's forces. Which consisted of many different hunters and robotic soldiers. The person leading said forces, was Glynda Goodwitch. About 30 minutes passed before Zetsu appeared through the ground. The makeshift army halting.

Zetsu: Vale. We need to hurry. The Akatsuki have already begun moving.

Glynda: Very well then, but don't think this makes us friends.

The blonde professor turned and ordered the army and soon they were following the Akatsuki spy, towards the other Akatsuki members.

The Akatsuki were moving fast again. They knew where Madara was heading, because the moment Cross broke free from the Edo Tensei he got a glimpse of where Sotan and Kabuto were. Y/N steadied his pace with his partner.

Y/N: Good to have you back.

Cross: Hehe, thought you hated me.

Y/N: That was before I met you. Anyway, if we win and survive this. What you gonna do?

Cross: I don't know, I haven't thought about it. I guess.... I'll leave the Akatsuki and try to redeem myself. Ya know, you could join me on the ride.

Y/N: I'll think about.

Cross: One more thing. About that abyssal eye. You can master it as I have. Maybe I'll train you once this is concluded.

Y/N: Appreciated.

Madara entered the hideout to see Kabuto standing next to Sotan, who had mixed emotions on her face.

Madara: What happened?

Kabuto: Cross broke free.

Madara did not faze. He instead looked at Sotan.

Madara: Are you having second thoughts Sotan?

Sotan: No! I'm not. Let me handle Cross.

Madara: Then make sure he doesn't interfere. I can handle the other Akatsuki. I've done it before after all.

Kabuto: And me?

Madara: Nothing. We have no use for you anymore snake.

Kabuto: What?!

In quick succession Madara plunged a kunai into Kabuto's chest. Pulling the kunai out, Kabuto fell back against the wall. Blood dripping from the wound and his mouth.

Kabuto: W-Why?

Madara: You were Orochimaru's subordinate and Orochimaru was known for double-crossing. It only makes sense that so would you.