First Mission, First Partner

(A/N: Jutsu- Fire Ball Jutsu
Black Zetsu- Akatsuki
'Thoughts'
Also forgot to mention, I don't own Naruto or RWBY. Let's get it on.)

A little ways away from the Akatsuki base stood the leader Pein, and the newest member Cross, getting ready for a match to test Cross' abilities. Itachi stood in the middle, getting prepared to start the countdown.

Zetsu: I wonder if Cross will stand a chance. I bet the guy barely lasts a minute.

Konan: You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Yes Pein-San is strong, but so is Cross-San. Don't jump to conclusions so soon Zetsu.

Y/N: True, but if he can't at least last five minutes he is not worth my time.

Kisame flashed a toothy grin, but didn't say anything. He turned back to the battlefield, as did the others. At the same time Itachi was announcing the rules of how the winner will be decided.

Itachi: There will be six minutes on the clock. If Cross can outlast six minutes against Leader-Sama, he will win. If he manages to make Leader-Sama concede, he will win. If Leader-Sama can make Cross concede, Cross loses. Begin.

Itachi put two fingers in front of his face disappearing in a flurry of crows, reappearing alongside the other Akatsuki members. Kisame leaned up against a tree.

Kisame: Am I the only one who is actually interested in what this guy can do?

Itachi: I will admit, I'm interested in how powerful those eyes are.

Zetsu and Konan both nodded in agreement. Y/N stayed silent looking forward, eyeing his new partner. With hidden anticipation.

Cross dashed forward only to be pushed away by a huge force of chakra as Pein shouted Almighty Push! Cross was quickly up again only to be knocked back down.

Pein: 'Do it. Use those eyes of yours. If it continues like this I'll have to up the notch a bit.'

Cross again dashed head on at Pein. Pein decided to turn it up a bit as he put his arm forward and shouted Gravitational Pull! Cross was pulled forward and now he had his opening. Flashing through hand seals, Serpent, Tiger, Hare, Ram, Dog. He whispered Lightning Style: Thundering Kick, from the knee down his leg was encased by electricity. Once Pein's Gravitational Pull pulled him close enough, Cross brought his foot down in a downward kick, barely missing Pein. Pein sidestepped Cross' kick and moved his fist in for a punch. Cross blocked the punch with his forearm and retaliated with his own punch, hitting Pein in the side. However Pein stood his ground. They traded blows as the clock reached one minute. Pein blocked a kick as he used yet another Almighty Push. Cross was blown away by yet another huge blast of chakra. This time was different though as Cross disappeared in whirlwind of purple smoke. Everyone watching widened their eyes as they turned to the Uchiha who had his sharingan activated. Sensing what they wanted he spoke.

Itachi: No, I can't see him. It's like he completely disappeared. I can't even sense his chakra or aura.

Y/N: What?! There is no way he could just-

Y/N was cut off as Cross reappeared behind Pein, delivering a powerful kick to his back just as the clock hit zero. As Pein stood up he locked eyes with the Cabello. Two rinnegan met one abyssal eye. Cross closed his one open eye, reopening them a second later to reveal that his eyes were back to their orginal state.

Itachi: The match is over. Cross Cabello is the winner.

Pein: I expected nothing less from you Cross. You are now an official member of our organization. You will meet the other four members before you are given your first mission.