Recovery

Emily's POV:

(Flashback dream 190 years ago)

"Mommy!"

I shouted with joy as I ran into my mother's arms.

"There's my good little girl..."

Mother responded with a smile while patting my head so sweetly.

"Mommy, where's Felix?"

I asked as I started looking around to notice that big brother wasn't in the room.

"Oh, your brother is with the king right now."

She calmly said...

"I wanted to play with big brother! Mommy...why doesn't daddy ever wanna see me? I've never seen what daddy looks like, does he hate me?"

I asked in sadness...

"Emily, you must never call him father. You must call him King, and of course, he doesn't hate you. He's just always busy, he's protecting not only us. But the Realm Kingdom as well..."

Mother explained with pain in her eyes as she looked down at her ring...

"Then why does Felix get to hang out with dad- I mean the King! It's not fair!"

I yelled in annoyance as I sat on the floor with a pout...

"Now now, your big brother isn't having fun or playing games with the king. Felix is learning and working very hard to become next in line for the throne. You're still far too young to understand how important this is to your big brother."

Mother said as she suddenly picked me up...

"Why does brother wanna be King? It sounds boring."

I asked in confusion...

"It may sound boring to you sweetie, but this is very important to brother. After all, he is the demon you will one day marry, and you will be his beautiful little queen."

She explained while walking us towards her piano.

"But I don't wanna marry big brother, because then he won't wanna play games with me!"

I shouted back with agitation as my mother set me down next to her...

"Felix will always have time for you sweetie, don't worry about that. You have to be a proper young lady to him when you get much bigger, okay?"

She said with a smile, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear, she placed a small peck on my forehead soon after...

"Okay, but why do I have to be a proper lady?"

I asked while grabbing my bunny that was sitting on top of the keyboard...

"Well, you will not only have to respect your future king. But you must bear him children as well to keep the family bloodline going. You see, a very long time ago many past Kings would marry within the family to keep the bloodline pure, so it was forbidden to ever marry a witch or warlock out of the family name. For it will taint the Royal blood, however, it was decided by our recent King that it no longer mattered who you married. As long as you keep the responsibilities that you are given. So you must be a good girl and keep you're brother Felix happy. Do you understand, Emily?"

Mother finished explaining as she began to play the piano so gently...

"I'll be a good girl, as long as Felix gets to play games with me then I'll give him as many kids as he wants!"