Chapter 21 | If I Win...

Start from the beginning

"Building a treehouse. Luna wants one," Noah explains, and I chuckle, nodding my head in understanding.

"She's so cute. You cannot say no to her."

Walking down the stairs we make it to the living area seeing Luna jumping around everywhere.

"Noah-Bear!" She giggles, running over to Noah and jumping in his arms. "Treehouse day! And mommy says I get to go to the toy store...and and I get another princess outfit!"

Noah's dad sighs, before looking over at Sarah who smiles sheepishly. "Why do you spoil her?"

"Because she's the only daughter I have, so I'm allowed."

"Plus, she's such a cutie," Grandma Rose pinches Luna's cheeks making her smile. "Come on, ladies. Chop, chop, we have a day of shopping while these guys build our princess her castle."

The guys grunt unhappily, and we get our shoes on before saying goodbye to them and heading to the mall. It doesn't take long for us to make it to the mall and once we're there, we split up. Emery and I head to our choice of stores, while Luna, Sarah and Grandma Rose head to get Luna her princess dress.

"So, with your wedding coming up, have you and Liam thought about kids?" I question curiously as we search through the racks.

"We've spoken about it and we want a family together. But we're going to wait to try until after the wedding, since planning a wedding is stressful enough on its own."

"I feel like Grandma Rose would somehow be happier than the both of you if you got pregnant," I chuckle, placing some clothes over my arms to try on.

"More than likely, she's itching for grandchildren from Sarah and Richard's kids," Emery laughs before we head to the changing rooms. "I swear I catch her staring at my stomach at times, trying to see if there is a bump."

Shock runs through me at her words, and I can't help but laugh as I pull the door to the changing room closed. "God help you with her reaction."

"Tell me about it. Why are jeans so freaking hard to get on?" Emery grunts from her changing room. "I've always struggled to get pants over my ass."

I scoff. "Can't relate."

She laughs. "Oh, hey before I forget. I mean, we all have an idea that Noah will ask you to be his plus one, anyway. But if he doesn't you have an invitation to the wedding."

"Really?"

I walk out of the changing room now with the clothes I want to buy, and Emery follows, before turning to look at me. "Yeah. You've been here for a few days, but you've already won over literally every family member."

I laugh. "Good to know."

We go to pay for our clothes before making our way to the food court to meet up with Sarah, Grandma Rose and Luna.

"Emery, Ava, come look at all the toys I got!" Luna smiles, jumping over to us when she sees us heading towards their table at the food court. Pulling us by our hands, making us laugh.

"Well, it looks like you both bought the entire store," Grandma Rose eyes all our bags. "I remember when I used to shop like that, until I got old and saw old people's clothes are disgusting," She scrunches up her face. "Ok let's order, I'm hungry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're home! All of you stop being lazy and come help us with our bags. I'm old and not as strong as I used to be, I could pop a hip anytime," Grandma Rose shouts through the house as we walk in and Emery and I look at each other, stifling our laughter.