thirty-three

mark's breath got caught up in his throat as the sound of a gunshot pierced in his ear.

please no..

"..what did you do..?" mark asked quietly, not ready for the answer.

carlos laughed once again that made mark panicked even more. "you thought i shot him, don't you?"

mark gulped nervously as beads of sweat started to form on his forehead. "what did you do?" mark repeated.

"eh, just trying out this gun. it's the best one i've ever purchased you know," carlos chuckled.

"carlos answer me! what did you do to donghyuck?!"

"hey easy there shithead. he's still alive, jesus," carlos said, putting back his gun inside his pocket as he put the phone near to donghyuck's ear. "tell your boyfriend you're still breathing."

donghyuck hiccuped, trying to form a sentence. he was terrified. this old man was a freak. plus, the sound of the loud gunshot made his heart dropped. "i-i'm fine.. p-please come and save me.."

carlos clicked his tongue as he snatched the phone away. "i didn't ask you to say that last part."

mark's eyes burned in pain, blinking the tears away at the helpless voice of donghyuck. he didn't get the chance to reply him but he promised he would save him no matter how dangerous it is. "listen carlos, what exactly that you want? i will give everything to you but you need to let go of donghyuck, please i beg you!"

carlos was amazed with the effect donghyuck had on mark. carlos always knew how stubborn mark was and he hardly followed anyone's words. mark must loved donghyuck very much. chuckling, carlos sighed in satisfaction. "i'll be serious with you this time, i want you to convince donghyuck's mother, mrs. lee heejin, that bitch, to prepare an agreement that says LDH. Co will be passed to me and i just need to sign the paper."

mark gritted his teeth, "why don't you just tell her that yourself? since she's your hoe,"

"hmm you're right, wait," and another shot of gun was released.

mark heard donghyuck screamed in pain and before he could speak, carlos beat him to that. "ah, my finger slipped. oh? minhyung i don't think you'll like this," carlos shook his head and pouted at donghyuck who had his head hung low, sobbing hard. "hmm i shot donghyuck's right shoulder."

mark clenched his fist as his head hurt. "no please no.. stop it.." he couldn't imagine how hurt donghyuck was right now.

"then just do your fucking job. bring that paper here and donghyuck will live. i'll text you the place. i'll know if you inform the police and don't even try to think about it. the faster you get here, the less torture your boyfriend will face. see ya!" carlos muttered happily as he hung up.

mark let the phone slid down from his hand as he placed his forehead against the steering wheel, closing his eyes to calm his breathing. he should act fast. he needed to be stronger in order to rescue donghyuck. wiping away his tears, he drove straight to donghyuck's house to meet the woman.