twenty-nine

two weeks after marriage

"honey, can we go to the supermarket later? we ran out of food to cook,"

"sorry heejin, i can't. i have to go out with kimin today. i'll give you the money, you can go alone, right?"

she nodded her head, hiding her disappointment behind that smile on her face, "okay."

a month after marriage

heejin had a white object in her hands that made her day. she didn't expect the day would come. she wanted to surprise her husband with the good news and she was waiting impatiently for him to come home.

the sound of the door opened was heard and she quickly jumped on her feet, running toward the person.

"i have a surprise for you!" heejin squealed as she wrapped her arms around her husband's waist.

"can we talk about it tomorrow? i'm tired," he rubbed his eye, pushing the woman slightly.

she huffed and showed the pregnancy test in front of him, "look, i'm pregnant!"

his eyes widened as he gasped, "we're going to have a baby?!"

heejin nodded with a big smile.

"i'm so happy!" he hugged her then pulled away, "wait, i'm going to tell kimin about this." 

she watched him took out his phone and walked upstairs, the faint sound of her husband's voice could be heard, speaking happily with his best friend.

"as long as he's happy about the news.." she said quietly as a tear escaped her eyes.

a month of pregnancy

"it has been 30 minutes and you haven't showed up yet!" heejin spoke angrily through the device.

"heejin, i'm sorry i have a lot of work to do. i can't leave the office just yet," he sighed.

"but you promised to accompany me to do a check up today and it's the first appointment ever!" 

"i know but something came up and kimin needs my help about this project we're working on,"

hearing that name made her blood boil. she took a deep breath and tried to calm down, chuckling bitterly, "of course.. i'll just go by myself."