twenty

the clock struck 3 am and the tanned male squirmed on the cold mattress. he expected to be met by a warm hug that would engulf him once he woke up. but the moment he opened his eyes, no one was beside him. only a wrinkled covered pillow that almost fell down from the bed and unoccupied mattress with disheveled cover.

donghyuck sat down carefully, feeling the pain on his lower backside. he let his eyes roamed to search for the other male as he planted his feet on the cold tiled floor. the wind blew from the widely opened sliding doors and there, he caught mark's bareback with his briefs in his view.

slowly walking towards the balcony, donghyuck rubbed his eyes and halted behind mark before wrapping his arms around mark's torso. donghyuck felt mark's muscle tensed but then relaxed as he placed his palms on top of donghyuck's.

"why are you awake?" donghyuck buried his nose in mark's shoulder blade.

drawing circles on donghyuck's hand, mark spoke, "not feeling sleepy."

"you must have a lot in mind, don't you?" donghyuck asked.

mark let out a heavy breath as he turned around to face the latter, leaning his back against the metal rail, "i'm not. now, why don't you get back inside and sleep."

donghyuck tilted his head, observing mark's facial features. his brows were knitted and face was solemn as if he had been thinking about something that left donghyuck at unease.

"are we moving too fast? i-i mean, we can get to know each other slowly after this and we--"

"donghyuck stop," mark said abruptly, startling the tanned male with the harsh tone he used. mark sighed and took both of donghyuck's hands in his, "i'm sorry."

donghyuck stared at their hands, muttering, "n-no, i should be the one saying sorry.. but can't you at least tell me what's bothering you.." looking up at mark.

"there's nothing bothering me donghyuck," mark closed his eyes, trying to calm himself.

"but you look stressed out.." donghyuck insisted.  

"please i'm telling you the truth," mark rubbed his face in frustration and walked inside.

mark was lying obviously. he couldn't sleep as his mind kept on repeating the same question over and over again, to give up on his plan or not. at first, he was confident that he could this. however, he doubted his decision when he was near to his victory.

"a-are you uncomfortable with what just happened between us? or because i admit that i fall in love with you--" 

"yes," mark cut him and donghyuck stopped his feet from approaching the latter that was looking at him with a cold stare.

donghyuck felt himself shaking lightly as he tried to register the latter's words in his head, "w-what?"

"yes i regret having you in my bed, i hate hearing that three words that fell from your mouth and you know what donghyuck? i never had a feeling toward you. and what happened just now was just me playing with your body to satisfy my needs," mark stepped closer toward donghyuck, "is this what you want to hear? well, now you've heard what have been bothering me."

donghyuck's heart clenched, having trouble to breathe properly. was this mark that he knew a while ago? that he thought had the same feeling toward him?