thirteen

mark groaned as he stirred in his bed. his head was pounding so hard that he could only curse at the painful feeling. empty bottles of beer scattered around his bedroom floor. he was drinking a lot last night after he dropped off the tanned male at his house. 

he tried to abandon the strange feeling he felt yesterday. sure he was faking all of his act that he showed at donghyuck. he tried not to get affected by the latter's smile, his giggles and the little things he had witnessed. he was mad at himself while he was chugging the bitter liquid, telling himself not to become weak. this was just the beginning and he shouldn't mess up. he believed it was just his mind that was playing tricks on him.

it was already 2 in the afternoon and mark decided to get his ass up and treat his headache with some pills or whatsoever. he went out of his room and proceeded to the kitchen. his hands roamed over the cabinet to search for the pill and ate it with three gulped of water.

"both of you can go home early later," mark spoke as he noticed his maids wandered around the kitchen.

startled by their master's voice, they stopped their track and bowed quickly at him, "thank you master."

mark just walked past them and went back inside his room. he decided to make a phone call to get updates. he wasn't still over the fact when his people had mistakenly given him wrong information regarding the incident between donghyuck and lucas. and now they had the guts to make him initiate the first move to ask for any updates. thinking about it made mark's blood boiled.

mark sighed before he tapped on the call icon. in less than 5 seconds, his people picked up the phone.

"still no update? or do i need to do this job on my fucking own?" mark's tone was firm making the person on the other line shaking.

"s-sir i-i'm so sorry! this will never happen again! p-please have mercy on me, sir," he knew shit what mark was capable of.

mark clicked his tongue as if begging would make any difference but he decided this to slide, "what's new?"

"s-she's still in jeju sir but yesterday she wasn't alone. i saw her entering her apartment with a guy,"

"did you recognize him?"

"no sir, but! i did take a photo of them,"

mark raised a brow, "okay, send it to me."

mark ended the call and shortly after a message popped up with an attachment. it was a photo sent by his people. mark examined the image and zoomed in to get a clearer look. mark's brows twitched as he found the person familiar but he couldn't help but wonder what was he doing there?

mark's train of thought was cut off as his phone rung in his hand. he smirked before answering, "hello there mr. wong."

the old man let out a gravelly laugh, "mark lee! how are you doing?"

"i'm doing fine, thank you for asking. how about you mr. wong?"

"perfectly fine!" he laughed and paused to take a long drag of smoke before releasing it and spoke, "it's been a long time since we last met. how about you meet me somewhere later? i'll send you the address."

mark gnawed his inner cheek, thinking for a while. mark knew, mr. wong wasn't the type to leisure around as he was always busy with his company. he was aware of how greedy the old man was and his eyes for money. he also knew the dirty things he did to make his company success.