eleven

"mark?" lucas saw mark leaned on his car while both of his hands were shoved in his front pockets.

mark let out a smirk then turned into a frown, "what are you doing with donghyuck?"

"just talking," lucas replied simply.

"about what?" mark asked.

"..stuff? well, i accidentally met him here so we decided to talk. why do you wanna know?" lucas said and started the car engine, leaving his door open.

"you still remember what i've told you right? if you fucking tell him about it you'll see what i'm going to do," mark leaned down to match lucas' level who was sitting inside the car, "although you're my best friend."

lucas closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, "i don't okay?!"

"that's nice to know," mark smiled innocently at him as he straightened his back but then he remembered something, "and one more thing, did you two kiss?"

"wait-- WHAT?! what the fuck are you talking about?!" lucas furrowed his eyebrows at the latter.

"answer me," mark demanded.

"this is stupid mark. why would we kiss? who told you that?" lucas tilted his head then gasped, "don't tell me you hire someone to keep an eye at donghyuck?"

"so what if i did? now tell me the truth!" mark crossed his arms over his chest with a frown.

"gosh you're unbelievable! and yes i'm speaking the truth that we didn't kiss! we have no reason to do so. your subordinate needs to go to an eye checkup instead of eyeing donghyuck," lucas snorted.

mark raised a brow. his people never disappointed him and always did their work well because they knew how mark was if they did their work carelessly.

"why? is this jealousy that i sense? mark, he's not even yours and now you're already jealous?" lucas looked at him in disbelief.

mark let out a chuckle, "the answer is so obvious and it's a no. i'm just reminding you to not go in the way of my plan."

lucas sighed, "do what ever you want but, i just want to tell you that he's a nice guy mark. i'll leave now." and lucas closed his door as he drove off.

somewhere in his heart he wanted to protect donghyuck from his best friend. he just found it immature of mark to leash his anger at other people. he already had what he wanted, what he had wished for. killing donghyuck's father was far than enough yet, it still couldn't satisfy him. sometimes lucas just hated how greedy the latter was.

mark saw the red car left the place. he kicked the stones on the pavement in anger. he just wanted an explanation. he didn't believe that his own best friend decided to side with the son of the murderer of his father. 

however, something clicked in mark's brain.

"don't tell me he started to like him.."

♠️♠️♠️

the next day was already the weekend. donghyuck got up pretty late as he didn't have to go to the office. he already had completed all his work for that week and it was the best time for him to laze all day.

judging by the bright light that crept into his room through his window, the sun was already up in the middle of the blue sky above. he checked his phone and it showed 12.10 in the afternoon. he was overslept but he didn't mind because, for the past days, he always woke up early and sometimes he couldn't get enough sleep.

he took a shower and changed into comfy clothes. he ran downstairs and was greeted by the maid who was already preparing his lunch. it was a korean dish and donghyuck happily finished the food served on his plate. done with eating, he proceeded to the living room and wandered through the netflix series or movies to watch. 

he picked a random movie and just played it. he hugged the cushion while laying on the couch, getting comfortable in a second. while in the middle of watching the movie, his phone buzzed on the coffee table. donghyuck groaned and stretched his hand to grab the phone, not bothering to sit up as his body was already glued to the couch.

he saw the caller id and rolled his eyes, "what?"

"wow, that's how you greet me?" mark chuckle was ringing in donghyuck's head. mark heard him sighed on the other line and decided to continue, "what are you doing today?"

"just netflix and chill," donghyuck said lazily but realized something was off with his sentence and he swore he could sense the latter smirking, "i mean, watching something on netflix while lazing around.. alone, yeah alone." donghyuck cursed in his head.

"nice save over there, i thought just maybe you want to invite me over and you know... we can netflix and chill," mark mimicked the way the latter said the last part but with a lower tone that made donghyuck blushed.

"euw, i would have invited someone over other than you if i want to," donghyuck muttered. well, he didn't know who he would invite when he was a lonely ass but if that what makes mark stopped teasing him, then he would just lie.

"like lucas?" mark said firmly. he just remembered what happened in the park between the two males.

deciding to play along, donghyuck joked, "i'd love that."

mark inhaled the air deeply, trying to calm his nerve as he gripped the phone tightly. before mark could speak, donghyuck beat him to that.

"why are you calling me?"

mark clicked his tongue, annoyed and said, "go out with me. i'll pick you up at 5."

before donghyuck could protest, mark already ended the call. "wait-- oh for goodness' sake!" 

♠️♠️♠️

|to be continued|

this is just a filler chapter but the next one will be more on the interaction between markhyuck :)