one

present day

"everyone get ready! boss will arrive soon! yah! jisung! why are you still here?! i told you to gather the higher position at the lobby to welcome our boss!" the male who went by the name jeno, was yelling here and there.

being the secretary of the company's ceo was sure a pain in the ass for jeno. he had to do extra work than the other employees which included getting mad at the most. actually he disliked working in the company but he had no other choice as this was his luck getting the one of the highest yet miserable position. he had life too to support. and with the great amount of payment given, it made him stayed despite the busy life he experienced every day.

the ceo had came back from the business trip he had in japan. well, jeno wasn't sure if it was a work related one because he usually followed where his boss went but not this trip which made him questioning. he didn't mind though because it meant he would be less busier than usual. 

jeno took the elevator from the 12th floor where his and the ceo's office were located as he just went there to clean a bit. as soon as he arrived at the lobby, it was already filled by some old men and women in a queuing manner at both left and right side, facing each other that left an empty long way for the boss to walk through later.

jeno stood beside jisung, the head of marketing department, and patted his shoulder, "great job jisung. ugh i really can't wait for him," jeno said sarcastically.

"watch that mouth hyung. you aren't going to have a nice sleep tonight," jisung snorted. he knew how the latter despised the ceo.

"i know right! why can't he stay any longer there?" jeno sighed in frustration because he would be given a lot of work later.

"maybe he misses you?" jisung pretended to think.

"euw, hell no. jaemin will cut his throat," jeno shivered at the thought. who would want to be missed by that horrible man? he just wanted to wish good luck to whoever that was going to date the grumpy man in future.

jisung laughed at jeno's words but stopped abruptly when a black car pulled over at the entrance. jeno cursed under his breath before he jogged toward the car and opened the door. it revealed a pale-skinned man with his hair slicked back with some strands fell on his wide forehead, wearing a black suit with a solemn expression shown on his face.

"welcome back sir," jeno greeted him as soon as the latter stepped out of the car.

he fixed his suit jacket and nodded at jeno who still bowed at him. making his way inside, every person that was in line mimicked jeno's action earlier. jeno followed the man right behind him and they went inside the elevator.

"how's the trip sir?" jeno asked, trying to reduce the thick air.

"nothing interesting," he replied simply, eyes focused on his phone's screen while the other hand was inside his pocket.

seeing that his boss was probably busy, jeno decided to just zip his mouth until they reached their floor.

"do you want anything sir?" jeno watched his boss took a seat on his black leather chair, turning it toward the big window glass which showed the city.

"later. i just need to make some phone calls," and with that, jeno muttered an okay sir and went out of the stuffy room happily.

the latter received a phone call not long after jeno left. 

"hello sir? i have a good news for you,"

"what is it?"

"he's already dead sir,"

"how?"

"from what i heard from one of the prisoners that i have contacted with, he died of insanity. the medicine we gave him does the work sir,"

"good. i'll give the payment later,"

"but sir, how about his family? do you want me to find them?"

"no need. i already track where they are and i'm going to deal with them myself."

"alright sir."

he turned back the chair toward his table. the framed photo of his family made him smile. picking up the photo in his hand, he leaned back on the chair. that smile turned into a frown once his eyes landed on the man in the picture.

"don't worry dad.. i already did the justice for you. and now i just need some time to finish the wife and the son. i will make you proud dad." he caressed his thumb over the glassed photo, "and dad.. i'm no longer lee minhyung, i'm mark lee now." 

♠️♠️♠️

|to be continued|