eight

"hello?"

"..."

"hellooo?"

"..."

"okay, i'll hang up now--"

"no no! wait!"

"donghyuck?"

donghyuck pressed his lips into a thin line and facepalmed. he sighed, "yeah, it's me."

"what a surprise," he heard the latter chuckled at the other line, "i see that you've already changed your mind?"

"mark, it's not about that actually," donghyuck said, biting his nail.

"hmm? what is it about then?"

"u-uh actually.." donghyuck shook his leg, not knowing whether to ask help from the latter. but he was already at this point of calling him and the weather seemed to rain soon seeing that the thunders were now clapping behind the clouds.

"c-can you please pick me up? i have no transport right now," fuck this, donghyuck thought.

however, he heard mark laughed. donghyuck gritted his teeth, trying to calm down.

"well if you don't want to it's okay, sorry for bothering--"

"hey hey, no wait. it's just that, it's funny that you asked me for help," mark said, the small laughter still remained.

"what ever! okay, i'm sorry that i rejected to become your friend but, can you please help me? i seriously have no ride to home and even worst, i'm alone next to this big ass road right now!" donghyuck pleaded, wanting to cry. his surrounding was mostly trees and bushes. 

"okay okay. chill okay? i'll pick you up. just send me your location,"

"okay, thank you mark.." donghyuck voice trailed off at that last part and hung up.

mark roamed inside his closet to find something casual to wear. he picked a black t-shirt and jogger pants. he looked into the mirror and just ruffled his hair. smirking, he spoke to himself, "this is just the beginning."

his phone dinged and he read the message sent by the tanned male.

"huh? this is near to lucas' company," mark wondered. he made sure to ask the latter what he was doing there.

not wasting any minutes, he got into his car and drove off.

donghyuck was getting impatient. his hope died when another car passed by him. he just cursed here and there, thinking that he had to go to work tomorrow. he took a glance at his watch and it was already 45 minutes past 11.

then a roar of a black car went toward him. donghyuck watched it until it stopped in front of him. the window rolled down slowly and it revealed mark.

"come in," mark smiled.

donghyuck sighed in relief and quickly got into the car, "gosh what took you so long?"

"is that how you say thank you? plus this place is a bit far from mine," mark peered over the male. donghyuck had already taken off his jacket suit, leaving him in a button-down shirt that had two buttons undone, exposing his collarbones and sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"well, thanks. i might end up dying here you know," donghyuck breathed out as he leaned back on the chair.

"and i'll be the first one to purchase the newspaper with a hot headline, 'The CEO of LDH. Co has found dead near the street'" mark joked and started driving.

"ha ha, very funny," donghyuck said sarcastically.

"but seriously though, why were you there just now? what happened? where's your car?" mark couldn't help but felt curious.

"ugh my secretary and i had a meeting at mr. wong's company and it finished really late. jaemin was feeling tired and it was his first time joining an out of town meeting and i pitied him so i let him off early. just when the meeting ended, i remembered that we went there with only one car and of course, jaemin drove it back home and left me here," donghyuck explained, looking out of the window as it started to rain. he felt thankful that he already had a shelter now.

"and you couldn't ask for any help from the people there?"

"no i mean, i want to but that's my first time meeting them and i felt awkward. well, mr. wong's son wanted to give me a ride but i declined,"

"you mean lucas?" mark questioned, slowing down a bit as the rain poured heavily.

"yep,"

"why didn't you take his offer?"

"i don't know i just feel uncomfortable. like i said, it was my first time meeting them. and to make it worst, he fucking called me pretty boy! who would want a ride with someone who gave you a weird nickname at their first meeting?" donghyuck huffed in irritation.

"oh okay," mark said, gripping the steering tightly.

it was already 2 am and donghyuck had finally arrived at his home.

"thank you for sending me home mark," donghyuck said tiredly.

"no big deal but.. you owe me something then," mark smirked, leaning toward the latter.

"w-wait, w-what?" donghyuck back had met the window of the car. fuck, here we go again, donghyuck thought.

"hmm.. well, lucas is right. you're indeed a pretty boy," mark said huskily, trailing the tip of his forefinger from donghyuck's cheek to his lower lip.

"m-mark i--" donghyuck's breath hitched as he gripped tightly on his pants.

"shhh, i'm not done observing," mark whispered, finger trailed down to donghyuck's chin.

donghyuck could feel mark's breath fanned over his face as he closed his eyes. the cologne that mark used at his company once again lingered around, making donghyuck dizzy.

"well, lunch with me tomorrow. no rejection and i only accept a yes as an answer," mark backed away from the latter, chuckling at the red face donghyuck had.

"h-huh?" donghyuck asked in confusion. 

"do you want me to repeat again? hmm?" mark smirked and leaned once again.

"n-no! i got it! and yes, tomorrow, lunch! got it!" donghyuck yelped as he pushed mark and ran out of the car.

running inside his room, he shut the door behind him and went toward the window. he watched the black car drove away from his house.

"ugh! what with these people?! and why did i say yes for fuck's sake!" donghyuck tousled his hair frustratingly. he had no idea why he agreed on going out tomorrow with mark. but something inside him made him obey the latter.

♠️♠️♠️

|to be continued|