it was a dilemma for jeongin really, aged eighteen and he still doesn't know what to do with the situation now.

here he was, in a room at the alliance's headquarters with his puffy red eyes in the corner of his room looking like a mess.

the visual of hyunjin looking hurt, dejected, and angered by what he had done. it haunted him, it hurt him, and most of all it scared him.

but for the sake of the future of his people, for his kingdom- he had to hurt and break the person that did nothing but show him kindness.

he didn't want to do it but how else was he gonna say "hey so like a psychic told me you is a snake so i gotta yeet." without hurting his feelings?

traitor or not, hyunjin was someone jeongin hold in high regard and to hurt him was the last thing on the prince's mind.

but then again, he cannot risk millions of lives for the feelings of one- two if you count him.

there was a knock on the door and he looked up and saw changbin's head peeping from the gap on the door.

"what do you want?" jeongin squeaked out as he wiped his tears from his eyes.

"i just wanted to see you." changbin said as he slowly walked into the room and sat on the edge of jeongin's bed.

jeongin hid his face as he hugged his knees closer to his body as he sniffed, "you probably think i'm a loser right now."

"yeah."

jeongin frowned as he looked up, "you were supposed to say i wasn't."

"and what good will that do you? you'd just deny it and stretch the conversation longer." changbin snickered.

jeongin sulked as changbin frowned at the sight, "look, this whole thing you're doing, being this sad emo white girl in movies locking yourself up in your room to cry and blasting emotional music like goodbye winter won't do you good your highness."

"but i wanna be emo. let me be." jeongin whined as changbin shooked his head.

"look, your majesty, the alliance has waited for a long time for the prince to resurface. now, it kinda sucks that an emotional bracefaced pipsqueak like you turned out to be the one that we've been looking for and not me but you're here and now we can finally start a revolution."

"what the FUCK did you call me?" jeongin snapped as he glared at changbin.

the older shrugged, "that's not the point, the point is we shouldn't be wasting time, we should be preparing on when we should strike. we have two concerns as of the moment, the dead man's society and the two snakes in emerald city. we have to be prepared."

"your emotional state is getting in the way of everything." changbin continued, not daring to filter his words, "based from what i know, you WANTED this to happen. now the opportunity is here and you're here crying about it, well boo fucking hoo jeongin. it's not that deep."

"who the fucking hell do you think you are you fucking quesadilla shaped motherfucker. i just lost my friends, i had to LEAVE them behind, what part of that don't you understand?" jeongin snapped as he got angered by the words of the dark boy who seemed to lack sympathy for him.

changbin snickered, "you think you lost people? well, newsflash, you're not the only one who lost people. you're not special."

changbin looked up the ceiling, "a few years ago, before the alliance, i was in a trio with two bandits- seungmin kim and lee yongbok. the three of us were master assassins."