Chapter 1:WHEN THE TIME COMES, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.

Ruel Van Dijk as Guinevere

(Guinevere POV)

"Fret not, mother! I will come visit every holidays. We will still see each other." I said while we are in a long embrace.

"I know, son. Let me just hug you because I will not see you anymore. I will not see you preparing meal for us, I will not see you gardening, I will not see you smiling at me and making me laugh. I will not see you for a long time and I will be alone for a long time." She cried.

"That is not true. You will always have your friendly neighbor, Mrs. Hildegarde. She cares for you as well as grandmother."

"Hildegarde visits here only once a week and your grandmother is getting weaker day by day." She whispered.

"Excuse me??!!" A voice interrupted us. Grandmother!!

"What do you mean getting weaker day by day? That is not very polite, just because I was ill the other day does not mean I am getting weaker everyday. Do not make such generalizations." Grandmother said.

Mother and I both laughed as we pulled away from each other's embrace. I then turned to grandmother and gave her a hug.

"Be careful, Nev! Always pray at night."

"Yes, ma'am!" With that, I waved goodbye to both my mother and grandmother.

I carried all my belongings and started to hop on the chariot that will send me to the King's palace. A dear friend of mine who is working as a chambermaid recommended me to be one of the employees in the palace to the right hand man of the King. Fortunately for me, the right hand man has agreed but only after she interrogates me and discovers my abilities.

God knows what is in store for me in these coming days. I know it is going to be difficult but it is just the way it is. I have to earn taxes for me and my family. I have to use my strength and wit to provide for them and give them a good life.

The chariot is about to move and when a voice from my grandmother stopped it.

"NEV!"

"Hold on, sir!!" I said to the driver of the carriage, he groaned in annoyance. I hopped down to see what my grandmother wants.

"Here!" She said as she handed me the bag of seeds. I huffed.

"Don't you dare give me that look, young man."

"Grandmother, do not tell me that you are going to make me plant these seeds again."

"And Why not? You love gardening! Plant it there in any area at the King's palace and it is for your own good."

"Since when I was a boy, you kept telling me that if I plant these seeds, nothing bad is going to happen. You said this will give us protection. You said this will release a scent that will send the bad luck away but none of that happened in my existence. Father still died from stroke. This is nonsense." I said but she only smiled.

"When the time comes, you will understand. Go along now."

I mumbled something under my breath before hopping on again, this time the carriage went faster than the constant speed, probably to make up for the time I spent for talking with my grandmother.

Just so you know, I love gardening. When I was little, I have always been intrigued by how the seed sprout from the soil. I still remember the very first time my mother and I planted a mongo seed in our backyard. I always wake up early in the morning, in hopes of seeing the process of its germination, even though it is quite impossible and stupid. This has caught my attention that I started to become passionate about plants. I started planting when I was about eight years old. I am very committed to it. Our backyard are filled with numerous flowers such as daffodils, tulips, white roses, bougainvillea and more. Mother has taught me every techniques that I need to know for propagating plants as well such as grafting and marcotting. Sometimes, I go to my village's library to read about plants and botany and that is how my enthusiasm for plants has even progressed further, Planting has been part of my daily routine ever since. Sometimes, I would wake up earlier than usual to pull out weeds or water the plants. Now that I am going away, I hope I can still do this task even though I am living in a palace.

I also have a decent skill for cooking which was taught by my grandmother. Everything I know about pastries and savories are what I gained from her teachings. I assume this is what happens when you do not finish school. You learn a lot about household chores, but I never regretted it because I get to extend a helping hand to my family and also...

"GUINEVERE WINTER!"

"Yes!"

"You have arrived at your destination."

Wow! That was pretty quick.

When I looked at the window of the carriage, I saw a view of a huge palace. Oh boy, here we go now.

"Thank you sir!"

With that, I carried all my belongings and hopped off the chariot. As soon as I got off, I took a longer look at the palace. This looks very...intimidating, but I am here already. I cannot turn my back now. I need to be a breadwinner for my family. With that, I took long inhale and walked towards the entrance of the palace.