Chapter 20 | Thanksgiving Day

Start from the beginning

"I love her, she's so fucking adorable," Ava smiles and I agree.

"Yeah, you two seem to get along. I'm sure she loves you already," I throw my arm over her shoulder as we walk out of the room and head downstairs. Luna is showing off her new hairstyle to the family as soon as we get downstairs, and Liam's eyes wander to my arm draped over Ava as a smirk appears on his face. I flip him off without anyone seeing.

"You look very beautiful, Luna, have you thanked Ava?" Mom asks and Luna nods. "Good girl. Now I want you two boys out of my kitchen, go get your father and brothers and start setting up the dining area. Luna, why don't you get the decorations and start decorating and Ava you can help," Mom commands and we all get on with our duties.

Liam and I walk out of the kitchen, heading to the garage as Liam speaks up. "So, I didn't realize how close you and Ava are as friends. She seems nice and the family like her."

"Yeah, I mean I'm closer to her than I am to Hannah or Sierra. I'm pretty sure Luna wants her to stay."

"Figures, remember when she met Emery," Liam says and we laugh remembering it's the same. "Is there anything going on between you two? I mean, you guys seem close."

"I don't know, man. She's great, I mean we kissed at the cabin but we kind of ignored it. She's the only girl I can see myself getting into a relationship with and trusting enough, while still being focused on getting into the NFL."

"Never thought that would happen again after your ex, you just swore of all girls after that," Liam says. "You'd be an idiot to not pursue things with her. It's clear you like her and she seems to like you, I think she's too special to you for you to let her get away. You pushed me to propose when I was scared, I'll fucking shove you to ask her out if I have to."

I laugh. "Whatever. Are you helping or what?"

Shouting to my dad and brothers, they come over and start helping us move more tables into the house.

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

A couple hours later, I'm helping in the kitchen with Grandma Rose, Sarah, Emery and a few of Noah's aunts and his only girl cousin. His aunts and cousin look surprised to know Noah has brought me home for Thanksgiving. Even after I explained, it's because I can't get home. He really has never brought a girl home.

"So how did you and Noah meet?" Noah's cousin Isabelle asks as me, Emery and her sit at the island plating up the food.

"I got assigned to write an article on the football team, Noah offered to help me with the terminology."

"That's Noah for you, so sweet," One of his aunt's smile.

"We spent a lot of time with him, Aiden and Dylan and Aiden is actually dating one of my best friends now."

"Noah told us Aiden has a girlfriend. He's so sweet and deserves someone nice," Sarah smiles.

"God help the girl that gets Dylan. He always tries to steal the food I make and suck up," Grandma Rose shakes her head, but it's easy to spot the smile on her face.

"Hi," Luna skips into the kitchen. "Mommy, I finished decorating and the boys won't let me play with them,"

"It's okay baby, you can stay in here with us," Sarah offers, and Luna walks over to me holding up her arms. I chuckle and lift her up, as she sits on my lap and I wrap my arms around her so she's safe.

"Luna's taken with you Ava. She won't let you leave," Grandma Rose points out and I laugh.

"That's fine. I'll send Noah back to campus."