"Why do I not doubt any of this," He just snorts as the bell rings again, signaling a customer entering.

"I'm still on the clock but I'll see you at the dinner tonight yes?"

"Yep," I grin as he starts to walk away "Wait! Kane! Can I go behind the bar?" He just smirks and nods behind him giving me permission. Not that I needed to ask, Kane would never tell me no.

I take my place behind the bar and pour myself a normal coke with a splash of vanilla flavoring. Soon spotting Danny by the door I called him over.

"Hey where's the bathroom in this place? I've been holding it since we were at the ice cream shop," he says urgently

"Down the hall, second on your left" I laugh while he places Elle in a seat and practically runs to the bathroom.

The dumbass knows he's sensitive to dairy but claims nothing will stop him from eating ice cream. I respect it, but it definitely puts a damper on our drunken ice cream game/movie nights when we have to pause whatever game we're playing or movie because he has to shit.

"Daddy has to poop," she giggles looking up at me

"Yep," I laugh along with her "Do you want a soda?" She just nods with a smile so I fill a small cup up with sprite.

"I like this stuff,"

"Me too,"

"Can I have some of that stuff?" She smirks sweetly as she points sat the bottles behind me. I just look and laugh.

"In about seventeen years, sound good?"  Even though I knew within twelve she'd probably be already there.

A second later a woman sits two seats down from her. I just offer a nice smile before grabbing the remote for one of the tv's and switch it to the sports channel, quickly finding the Cubs game.

"Hey, can I just have a dirty martini with an olive?" She asks politely, placing her bag down beside her

"Oh, I'm sorry Im not working right now" I laugh lightly

"Oh I am so sorry," she grins "It's been a long day,"

" Tell me about it, I completely understand," I chuckle before grabbing the gin "Actually I can still make you that martini if you are okay with it,"

"That would be great," she huffs "Are you close with the owner?"

"Oh yeah," I nod as I place the olive in "Kane's known me since I was born,"

"Oh you're from here?" She perks up at this and I just grin.

"Yep! I know this town like the back of my hand" I smile proudly. No matter how long it's been, this town will always be the same.

"Oh that's awesome! My fiancé does too, I on the other hand have no idea where I'm going,"

"It takes a minute, but eventually you learn." I wondered who her fiancé was, she looks to be around my age so I most likely knew them if they grew up here. "Are y'all moving here or something?"

"Oh god no," she shakes her head almost indignantly "We'd never, we're just visiting his family,"

"Ah okay," I nod. For some reason I was put off by her tone, I know I had no right to be protective of this town, but at the same time it's almost as if she looked down on it.

Brushing it off though, I just continue on with the game.

"I'm Liv by the way," she offers her hand the I gently shake

"Nice to meet you, I'm Bailey" I genuinely smile at her. Aside from the little comment, She did seem like a sweet person. I've learned not to judge too quickly, even the best first impression can come from the worst kind of person. I learned that the hard way.