Forty-Four

Caleb

Belles words still rang in my head from this morning. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but the walls are so damn thin, I couldn't help it.

She still had feelings for me, confirming what I'd already suspected. I knew and understood. What we had wasn't just something that would go away, even after all these years.

It didn't help that I practically had to force my eyes to look anywhere but her today. She was beautiful, she always has been. Even when she's sitting in the backyard in an old t-shirt with no makeup and messy hair. But today, she was beyond.

The dress fit her like a glove, her body still perfect with curves that would bring any man to his knees. The subtle makeup to complementing the beauty she always possessed.

She is perfect. It was in realizing this, that I no longer believed I could stay with Liv.

"Hey man," I hear from my side, forcing my eyes away from the glowing woman sat at the bar with our old friend from highschool. I see Dallas approach.

"No shit, what's up Dallas?" I grin pulling him into a hug. God I'd hated the prick in highschool out of pure jealousy, though following his and Belles breakup we found common ground. I was forced to realize how good of a guy he actually was. Sure he had a few fuck ups at the time but he was a seventeen year old boy, we all fuck up at that age.

"I'm good," he grins, another man standing at his side, "This is my husband James, James this is an old friend Caleb Kazer,"

"Awesome to meet you man," he shakes my hand, "You had a hell of a season last year"

"Ah thank you," I grin, "dude I didn't know you were married,"

"Yep, two kids too," the pride in his smile was evident.

"Damn that's amazing, genuinely I'm happy for you," I smile at them both.

"Thanks, Ace helped a lot I'm happy we could be here for him today,"

"Oh god yeah," I nod, just as Liv approaches. "Liv," smiling at her. I'd barely spoken to her today, the two of us having little time to interact today. She seemed fine, though I couldn't help but feel the time limit on our relationship counting down.

Especially after earlier, I can't help but think about if things were differently. I would never want to hurt Liv, but I can't stay with her knowing I still feel something for Bailey. It's not fair to her.

"This is my girlfriend Liv, and Liv this is an old friend from highschool Dallas and his husband James,"

"Oh awesome, it's so nice to meet you," she plasters on a smile, "I've heard a lot about you from Bailey and everyone,"

"Aw good, is she around? I haven't seen her since the ceremony and want to say hi," He grins,

"Ah yeah she's over at the bar," I motion to where the blonde stood. Now touching Travis's arm and laughing.

I know they always had a flirtatious relationship, since middle school it had been like that, but she's never given into it before. Now watching the two I'm slightly dumbfounded.

"Ah she's in the middle of something," he snorts, "I won't be a cock block,"

No please, do.

"Fair," Liv raises her glass, finishing it off in one gulp,

"I'm going to grab some food really quick but we'll find you guys later," budding up both goodbye they leave Liv and I to ourselves.

"They were nice,"