Forty Six

Caleb

Tonight was the first night I'd slept in my own bed. Spending half the week at the Kalanski's, my bed was cold.

I don't miss her, I thought I would a lot more but I just feel free from it all. The drama and the yelling and the wrongful guilt she'd make me feel, I was finally fucking done with it.

News of the breakup hasn't gotten out, I've been telling everyone Liv had to go back for a work situation and when speculation started circulating after the medias notice of her back in Chicago and I here, Liv released a statement saying generally the same thing. She was fixing a nonexistent problem with the family company and I was enjoying my break with family.

She was smart for that, I'll give her that. She knew I wasn't lying when I said I ruin her and her father, I'd already started the process of pulling my funding. It shouldn't hurt them too much, having built back up from the initial cause of needing my money. Yet there was so much more I could use against her if she so much as places a foot out of line with the media where Jordan and Belle are concerned.

But now laying here, it did make me miss what we had at the beginning. The comfortable companionship with someone and the possibility of a real future. I think that's why I stayed with her so long, I want that.

Everyone's been fine, even Belle and Arya who knew what happened. Things were right back to how they used to be with Belle, I was able to innocently hug her without fearing being screamed at. I could joke with her and annoyingly poke at her freely.

I meant what I said to Liv, I was in love with Belle. But acting on that was the scary part for me. I was never the type to go from one relationship to another, and I know how it would look if Belle and I even started anything. She would be criticized and I would be praised, I wouldn't want her to go through that. I don't want her to feel like she's a rebound, she never would be.

Though I couldn't take her out of my mind, having been around her so much, she was one of the few I wanted to be around.

Belle
are you awake?

My phone lights up with her text. We'd hadn't really spoken much today, her and the girls all went out for dinner leaving us behind to wallow without anyone to bicker with but eachother.

yeah what's up?

Belle
Ice cream?

Coming over

Practically jumping up from my depressing bed, I slip out of my room quietly like I was a fucking teenager again sneaking over to see Belle. I would do it all again.

Balcony or door?  I text her, not wanting to wake anyone. Her response is immediate making me grin.

Belle
As comical as it would be watching your big ass try to climb up my balcony again, go around back.

I don't know what she's talking about, I could easily my way up there no problem.
Though I do as told, finding her sitting in a lawn chair, two bowls of ice cream sitting on the patio table and Tiny laying beside her.

"We only had chocolate," she chimes as I sit beside her.

"I'll eat whatever you put in front me Belle," Taking a bite, "I can't believe you don't like chocolate,"

"I like chocolate! I just like vanilla better," I snort, chocolate was still her lest favorite.

"Makes sense," I challenge.

"If you're calling me vanilla I will push you right into the pool, I am not vanilla,"

Yeah I know. I remember. Pushing those thoughts away I just grin at her though, knowingly teasing her.