Twelve

Caleb

"So Liv it's so nice to meet you finally, Last time I talked to Kazer he wouldn't shut up about you," Lexi sits herself opposite of Liv .

There was a lot to catch up on, especially with Lex here, we'd all gotten to talking again like normal. I missed the bitch. I never thought I'd say that, especially after everything that had happened senior year, but someone had taught me that everyone deserves a second chance and I'm glad I gave Lexi just that. She'd become like my own annoying little sister, a level right under Ary, we didn't talk as much after I left for Chicago, but when's e did it was like nothing had changed.

As the two girls had gotten to talking, I look around the Kalanski's yard, taking in everyone scattered around. To think this was just our group. Not the rest of the siblings, their friends, the nieces and nephews, our parents and everyone else in our lives. It was just us, just like it's always been.

Spencer had been talking to Moe Larry and Curly- Wes, Tyler and Gabe-by the pool while Arrex and Danny looked for Danielle.

Little did they know Arya stole her. I wasn't gonna tell them that though.

The rest of us were all chilling in our big group, talking about anything and everything, like normal.

"You too, Caleb had been telling me all about everyone here," Liv smiles politely but I can tell by the way her eyes were quickly looking over Lexi she as still assessing if she liked her or not. She had been like that with a lot of the women here, I wasn't too sure if I liked it. Why would she be threatened? Jealous? "He'd said you were a nursing assistant right?"

The hell I did. Lexi's a badass around here, she's an orthopedic doctor, specializing in pediatrics. I've told Liv this.

She just doesn't like Lexi.

Lexi just smirks "Oh no, I'm currently working in orthopedic medicine over in Austin, I specialize in pediatric orthopedics and am set to run the specialty within the next seven years. But there's absolutely nothin wrong with nursing assistants, us doctors wouldn't be able to get our jobs done without them,"   Lexi further explains civilly.

Thank you Alexis.

I didn't need a fight occurring between anyone, especially involving Liv, this early into the trip.

"Oh that's awesome," Liv nods along and I just grin at Lexi, offering a silent thank you.

"What do you do again? Caleb had mentioend you were in the fashion industry the last time we talked,"

"Yep," my fiancée smiles, her face brightening at the mention of her job. She loved her work, I can understand why too. Her clothing company was to her as football was to me. We lived for our passions. "My father owns a clothing company stationed  in New York, I currently run the Chicago and St.Louis offices"

"Oh that's awesome," Lexi smiles "A lot of traveling between the two of you,"

"Yeah," I shrug, we'd both gotten used to it by this point. Traveling was just as much apart of our lives as everything else in our relationship.

"It's good that you guys can make that work," Finally a genuine smile from my old friend, easing the edge I've been out on monitoring a possible fight.

"Yeah we manage pretty well," Liv smiles just as the rest of our group join us.

"So what are we watching tonight?" Ty questions. We had all agreed to a movie night for our group alone, so everyone can just be together again. It been a long time since we had one.

"I say stepbrothers for one of them," Em chimes

"I second it," I smirk, Liv just glares at me. She absolutely hated that movie but it was one of my all time favorites. I cant even count the amount of times I've made her watch this movie.