As soon as I won my first super bowl, I was instantly thrown into the spotlight, not to mention the fact that it was my rookie season...that just added to the attention. Thankfully though, I've managed to stay fairly private. I only post on social media when absolutely necessary and obviously do interviews with the news and shit, that's all obligatory though. Balancing my public and personal life has been one of my biggest challenges since going pro.

"Hopefully when we get down there" I smile before kissing her softly  "I love you"

"I love you too"

The few other people who knew about our engagement were her parents and mine. Obviously I had to talk to them before popping the question, but besides them the only other one was Ace. Ace was actually the one that told me I should tell everyone when we were all together, I originally wasn't going to because the next two months were supposed to be all about him and his wedding but he wouldn't take no for an answer.

I can't bring myself to tell Beck, he was the first person I though of when she said yes. The second was Bails. I knew he'd tell her and I just, I didn't want her to know yet. I mean I shouldn't care, I haven't talked to her In eight fucking years but I did. I cared a lot more than I'd like to admit and I hate myself for it.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah"

"Babe, c'mon talk to me" Liv said as she holds my arm lightly

I did this all the time. I didn't mean to, I just did. When I'm nervous or pissed I just shut down, I don't talk to anyone. Liv hated it, hell, I hated it, but I was working on it.

We could be at a damn party and I'd hit that wall and shut down, nothing would help bring me back to normal besides sleep.

"I'm sorry, I'm just spacing out. I'll be good when we get there." I flash a smile at her, making it as believable as possible.

"I'm nervous too. I still haven't met a lot of your family besides Bexley and your parents, I still can't tell if your mom likes me or not. I haven't met Beck and his sister, or any of his sibling besides the twins" she starts rambling. She did the exact opposite of me when she was anxious, she never stopped talking. It was often hard to get everyone together.

Arya and Colton were in New York, Bailey and Beck left for California and never came back, Tyler and Wes are back in Texas; Em, Arrex, Ace, and the oldest three also stayed in Texas; Amy's in the Paris right now; Lexi is still in Texas; and I'm here. I still talked to all of them, well almost, and we were still as close as we were when we were younger. The only difference now is there's a distance between us all.

"They'll love you Liv, you have nothing to worry about" I tell her to ease her nerves. I try to tell myself the same but knew that wasn't the case.

Within a few minutes a silent car ride, we're pulling up to the airport. Evidently my managers already there looking and feeling a hell of a lot more excited than I am.

"What's up Percy?" I mask a grin as I greet my manager right by our plane, he had been at a meeting down in Texas before coming back to pick us up and fly into Houston. He hasn't had a break in a bit.

"What's up fucker?" he laughs "Put a real smile on that ugly mug of yours, yeah? You're gonna have fun," he adds, clapping me on the back.

Basically family at this point, Percy's been my manager since I got into the NFL, he's friends with all of my family and has become one of the few people I really trust in this city.

"I thought I was upgraded to dickhead?" I smirk at him, finally feeling a little more relaxed now that he's here. He was a lot like my dad but even moreso reminded me of Adam Kalanski. The boys and Bails dad was one of my biggest role models growing up, just as much as my own father was, he loved and treated me like his own son even in my fuck ups.