[35]-diamonds in the sky

Mike POV
i'm sorry, but HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BUY A PIECE OF FITTED JEWELRY FOR SOMEONE AS A S U R P R I S E ? !
this is the most difficult thing i've ever done
"hi um i'm looking to buy a engagement ring"i ask the employee.
"ah popping the big question i see? what kind of ring are you looking for today" he asked. i read his name tag. Laurence. fancy.
"um a diamond ring please?"i ask confused.
"how many carats?"he asks. carrots? what does that even mean.
"uh no i said diamond" i repeated. he laughed.
"you are clearly new to this" he said as he pulled out a few rings. after a LONG time i picked the one i knew y/n would like.
"what is her ring size?" laurence asks.
"i don't know. it's a surprise so" he cuts me off.
"most women her age fit this size, if it doesn't fit that's fine" he handed me a box with the ring in it. it hit me in that moment that i'm really doing this. i'm proposing to the love of my life, and if i'm lucky she'll marry me.
"let's do it"i said and bought the engagement ring.

authors note: thanks for reading! i have one last full week before school starts up again 😭 i'll have to write less but i'm so so sorry!! thanks for reading. also be sure to vote this chapter to help me in the 2019 wattys!!-anon.