[31]-baby you're a firework

this chapter is gonna be a 4th of july themed fluff to celebrate 1k reads and the secret being out!! if you're not from america then it's just a fluff with a lot of fireworks 😂 enjoy!-author

Mike POV

it's the 4th of july today and they are having a big firework show in central park. i'm taking y/n there to watch it with her. i have a feeling it's gonna be pretty great.
"did you get blankets mike?" y/n asked while digging through her bag.
"yes love" i respond. she loves it when i call her that, it's becoming natural.
"how about bug spray? did you get that??"she asks still digging through her bag.
"yes love i got everything don't worry" i tell her reassuringly.
"what are you looking for in that bag anyways?" i ask since she's still digging through it.
"my phone. have you seen it?"she asks and looks around.
"check your hand"i tell her. she looks down at her hand to see she's been holding her phone this entire time. we both laugh. my special y/n.
——————————————————————————

as we arrive at the park and get settled.  the sun starts to go down. the show doesn't start till dark and i can already tell y/n is impatient.
"ugh, we've been here for forever."she groans.
"we've been here for 15 minutes"i correct her.
"oh, same difference" she laughs and she elbows me jokingly.
——————————————————————————

once the sun finally goes down all the way the fireworks begin. y/n face lit up as the colours scattered across the sky. she had a childlike joy in her eyes. it was adorable. as the show went on she laid her head on my shoulder and i wrapped my arm around her.i love her so much. i wanna spend the rest of my life like this. i wanna spend the rest of my life with...her. woah. i'm getting ahead of myself. am i? we've only been dating for 3 months but i've known her for 4 years. i've been in love with her since the day i met her. maybe it isn't so crazy after all.
"wow that was so cool"y/n said excitedly awakening me from my deep thought.
"yeah it was amazing" i respond still locked in my headspace.
"cmon lets go home"she says as she gets up and grabs our stuff.
the rest of my life with her?
maybe i'm not so crazy after all

authors note:thanks for reading!! i hope you enjoyed this fluff and thanks again for 1k reads. it's truly insane to me. thank you so much!!-anon.