{2} -up to speed

Y/N POV

So a little over a year later, here we are!! Dear Evan Hansen is moving to broadway!! I am making my broadway debut. That is insane since I've been dreaming about this my whole life, and who better to do it with then all my best friends! Ben is the funniest, most caring guy I have ever met. Laura is like the sister I never had (if you have siblings then, whoops sorry). Will is...well you know, Will.And then there's Mike. The best friend I've had in my entire life. I look forward to seeing him every single day. There's just nothing like his smile. I have developed a little crush on him I will admit but, it's not like that's gonna go anywhere. It's Mike.

"Y/N, here's your new costume they just dropped them off" mike said walking into your dressing room.

"Thanks Mike"I excitedly said and I quickly took it and went to the bathroom to try it on. Mike waited in my dressing room. I looked myself up and down in the mirror, I wore a black, flowy dress with a floral print. I feel pretty for once. I stepped outside of the bathroom and stood in front of Mike.

"Wow,Y/N. It looks perfect on you" he said with a grin shining across his face. When he says things like that to me, I just can't help but blush. I wonder what's going through his head to make him say that.

Mike POV

I am crazy about Y/N. From the day I met her I have been and standing in front of her right now, looking at her in this beautiful dress, which makes her smile, which makes me smile, makes me realize how crazy I am about her even more. I have this constant urge to be around her at all times, keeping her safe ever since I met her. I never felt that before until I met her. She's just so special to me. But all she'll ever be is my best friend. She is  w a y  out of my league.

"Wow,Y/N. It looks perfect on you." is all I can stutter out in this moment. She smiled her famous smile and went back into the bathroom to take it off. I quietly sighed and thought something so cheesy I never thought my brain could naturally construct it.

If I could tell her...

Authors Note: thanks for reading the second chapter. I'm really trying hard to make build up happen but sorry if I suck at it. I have lots of ideas so please stay tuned! - anon.