Double Date Pt 3

Part three of a Fierrochase/Percabeth double date. It's not gonna be super long, but it will be very fluffy. Απολαμβάνω!

Alex PoV

Our Pegasus alighted on the observation deck of the Empire State Building and Magnus and I hopped off. Percy and Annabeth had landed as well, but, in silent agreement, we parted ways.

Percy and Annabeth rounded the corner to give Magnus and I some time alone. So far, I'd had a lot of fun on the date. Percy was really funny at dinner, and he and Annabeth were so cute together that it made me question if I was treating Magnus the way he deserved.

He was so sweet and considerate, and I basically treated him like crap. I was rude, sarcastic, belligerent. I wondered what he saw in me. I decided he deserved better. As we leaned side by side against the rail of the observation deck, I sneaked a few glances at my gorgeous boyfriend. Boyfriend. Gods, I would never get tired of that word.

His golden hair billowed in the wind, glittering like it was made of pure gold. The sun glinted in his grey eyes, making them almost blue.

I shivered, and didn't even realize how cold I was until he reached over and draped his jacket around my shoulders. I snuggled into his side, holding onto his waist the same way I did in Niflheim. He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

We stood there for a few minutes, watching the city down below and listening to Annabeth and Percy giggling and talking around the corner. I was deep in thought, considering mine and Magnus's relationship.

I didn't deserve this angel, and he deserved better than me. Just as I thought this, Magnus turned to me and surprised me with, "Alex, I love you." I was flabbergasted. I stammered and struggled to find words.

"I—um, yes. Also, too."

Seriously? I mentally smacked myself in the head. I wanted to jump off the Empire State Building and go splat on the pavement. The love of my afterlife tells me he loves me and what do I say? I said the same thing my sister Samirah said to her betrothed, Amir. At the time I laughed at her, but I felt her embarrassment now.

Magnus was trying hard not to giggle at me. He looked so cute. He deserves better, I'd been telling myself the whole trip. That's when I decided to be better. I took a deep breath, looked him in the eyes, and said, "I love you too, Maggie." His eyes widened, he smiled and he wasted no time pulling me into a long kiss.

When our lips collided, it was nothing like the other kisses we'd shared. It was slow and passionate, whereas I'd only ever kissed him while we were freezing to death or while he was covered in chocolate. This kiss was private, uninterrupted, and...well, magical, I guess. Oh, look at me, I'm getting sappy.

Anyway, when I pulled away, he wrapped me up in his arms and we sat on the ground together. I sat in his lap and he played with my hair, stroked my face, all that cutesy-barfy stuff. It quickly turned into a tickle war, and we were rolling across the deck, laughing and trying to tase each other.

It was a good thing we were the only people up there, or we would have been getting some pretty weird looks. As the night went on, Annabeth and Percy came around to see what we were up to. I don't think they were surprised to find me asleep curled up in Magnus's arms, or Magnus rocking me back and forth, singing All of Me, even though I couldn't hear him.

I don't remember the Pegasus ride back to Boston, I don't remember Annabeth and Percy saying goodnight, I don't remember Magnus carrying me back to my room in Valhalla, and I don't remember him falling asleep on the couch with me still in his arms.

But I do remember waking up the next morning and seeing my boyfriends sleeping face. I remember nestling back down into the couch, pecking him on the forehead, and resting my head on his chest for another hour of sleep.

Heyyyy okay so I know this really wasn't that great, I got a little lazy at the end and I just really needed to update. Hey that rhymed. A lot more content is coming and I still have my hands full but I'm working on it 😜