Double Date Pt 1

This was requested by BallerinaBookworm808 so here it is! Enjoy! Takes place after SOTD. Alex and Magnus are already dating (Alex is female)

Magnus's PoV

I rummaged through the clothes in my closet, eyes flitting over various T-shirts and hoodies. I had to find something that would do justice to the occasion. Alex and I were going on a double date with my cousin Annabeth and her boyfriend, Percy.

We would be walking around New York City for a bit, so I needed to find an outfit worthy of the big apple. Also, preferably something that provided some warmth.

Besides the fact that it was a cold day, Annabeth and Percy were supposedly picking us up on a pair of Pegasai. That made me a tad nervous, considering my history with Stanley the flying horse, but I trusted my cousin.

I finally decided to wear a light blue button-down shirt and dress jeans. I also put on a white drawstring hoodie over the blue shirt.

I checked my reflection in the full-length mirror in the bathroom. I had never cared much for my looks, but since Alex and I had started dating...well, I'd become more conscious of my appearance. I slipped Jack (in pendant form) around my neck and tucked him under my hoodie. He glowed warmly against my chest. I stepped out the door and crossed the hall to Alex's room.

Alex's PoV

What was taking Magnus so long? I sat on the sofa in my room, sipping a can of Tizer and thumbing through a paperback. After discovering my profound addiction to the drink, Hunding had supplied me with a mini fridge full of cherry Tizer. It stained my lips red, but I didn't mind.

I finished reading the last page of the book and closed it, sliding it back onto the bookshelf. At that moment, a soft knock came at the door. "Come in!" I hollered.

The door swung open and there was Magnus, lingering in the hallway. He smiled. "Are you ready?" I tossed the empty can into the trash, snatching a towel from my kitchen drawer and wiping the red tint from my lips.

I dabbed on some matte pink lipstick and met him at the door, a smile tugging at the corner of my mouth. "Ready as I'll ever be. Let's go, beantown." He took my hand and we strolled down the hall.

When we reached the roof of The Chase Space, Percy and Annabeth came into view, sitting astride a black Pegasus.

Another winged horse awaited nearby, this one white as cotton. Percy smiled as we approached. "That's Guido." He said, pointing to the white Pegasus. "He'll be your ride to New York." The black Pegasus whinnied. Magnus smiled and ruffled the horses mane. "Good to see you again too, Blackjack." Percy looked taken aback. "You can hear him too?" Magnus nodded.

A few months ago, Magnus had accidentally tasted the heart of a dragon (who also happened to be Hearth's demon of a father) and now he could kind of...understand the language of animals. He was like a hot teenage doctor Doolittle.

"We're gonna take off." Annabeth said. "Guido knows where to go, and we have a little errand to run before we meet at the park." She winked. "See you there!"

And with that, Blackjack took off galloping down the roof, Annabeth holding tightly onto Percy's waist. He looked pretty happy about that. I turned to face Magnus.

"So, I assume you can talk to Guido, too?" He suppressed a smile. "Yeah, probably." He walked up to Guido and spoke to him softly. The horse neighed.

Magnus swung up onto the horses back, jumping with einherjar strength to mount the immense animal. Perched astride the stallion, his hair blowing in the wind, Magnus looked like- well, like a prince. He offered me a hand, and I sat behind him.

I tentatively rested my hands on his shoulders from behind. Smiling, he turned and gently placed them around his waist. "I don't bite." He said, the same thing I had told him so long ago. I smiled and leaned into him. He was unbelievably warm.

Suddenly, Guido took off in a gallop so fast I was left breathless. We bounded across the roof until the horse took a flying leap over the edge, and my stomach dropped. But our steed flapped his wings, stirring up air beside me and rising high above the mansion. It was surreal. I squeezed Magnus's waist as we gained altitude, soaring above the rooftops of Boston. We were on our way to New York City.

That's it for now! There will be a part two and there will be more Percabeth!! Comment if you liked it or if you have anything else you want me to write. Αντιο σας!
~Ella