Double Date Pt 2

This is part two of a double date with Percabeth and Fierrochase! Απολαμβάνω!
~~~WARNING: PERCABETH FLUFF OVERLOAD~~~

Magnus's PoV

I thought about Alex as we soared above the roofs of Boston. She clung to me from behind, her chin resting on my shoulder, her breath tickling my ear. She smelled like Tizer and limes. Her arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. I longed to glance back and watch her soft green locks dancing in the wind, but I didn't want to fall off of the Pegasus.

Since we had been dating (only a few days) we hadn't done much of the physical-contact-type thing. Neither of us were big on that. But Alex was different. She was...I don't know, special.

Yeah, that Kvasir's mead really left its mark on me. I'm practically Shakespeare. But despite my lack of talent for description, Alex seemed to tolerate me, and I was grateful for that.

But really, all I wanted was for her to open up. She constantly maintained a cool, calm demeanor, but I knew somewhere inside she had feelings.

Alex loved to cover up her pain, excitement, love, and passion with stinging insults and exasperating sarcasm, but I'd seen her let her guard down. Every now and then, something resembling a heartfelt sentiment would slip through, and I'd get a glimpse of a different Alex.

That was the Alex I wanted to meet.

I felt an incessant tapping on my shoulder. I snapped out of my stupor. I realized that we had reached manhattan. "Were here, dork." Alex said over my shoulder.

We landed somewhere in Central Park. I hopped off the horse and held my hand out to Alex. She took it and dismounted, alighting on the grass much more gracefully than I had. Alex scanned the sky above us.

"So when are the other two gonna show up? Where'd they go anyway?" I shook my head, laughing softly. "Knowing Annabeth, they're conspiring against us. And knowing Percy, he's doing whatever Annabeth is telling him to."

I wobbled over to a park bench and plopped down. I was still feeling dizzy from our flight. Guido waited patiently beside the bench, content to snack on mouthfuls of grass.

Alex settled next to me and we looked out across the park. I spotted a little girl playing with her baby brother. They looked so innocent and happy. Then something occurred to me. I turned to Alex.

"Do you ever get sad about the fact you'll never be able to have kids?" She looked taken aback by the question. She paused for a moment. Finally, she responded, "Yeah, I guess I do. There's so much that we'll miss out on because we'll never be adults."

I nodded. "I think about it all the time," I said. "We'll never get to legally drink, we'll never get drivers licenses, we'll never go to college, and we'll never have kids. We are gonna spend the rest of eternity training to die." I said bitterly.

Alex looked up at me and held my gaze. "I won't mind it so much as long as you're there with me," She said quietly. I smiled and put my arm around her. She leaned into my shoulder and closed her eyes, sighing contentedly.

We stayed like that until Percy and Annabeth finally descended from the sky, their hair blowing in the wind. I don't know what the mortals saw, but nobody seemed to notice two demigods spiraling down through the air on a winged horse.

They dismounted and approached us. My cousin smiled. "Are you guys ready to go?" I held up a finger. "Wait a minute, what errand did you have to run?" Annabeth jerked her head at Percy. "Seaweed brain is such a Mama's boy that he insisted we visit his mom, stepdad, and baby sister."