Chapter Thirty Seven

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thank you" She muttered.

**

Nathaniel walk back to the sitting room. Anna had gone to her room to make a phone call. His mother was still sitting in the living room.

She smile at him when he walk in. He sat down beside her.

"How is she?"

"I like her. She is a nice woman and she is a good mother. I saw how see she look at her son. She loves him very much." She said smiling. She always feels tge same whenever she look at Nathaniel or Annabella. They were her pride. "And she likes you. I hope you don't break her heart."

"I will try." He said grinning.

"I'm happy for you Nathan." She said and she look at the wall clock. "I need to go sleep."

He nodded and he helps her to her room.

****

Anna sat on her desk with papers surrounding her. She was fully immerse in her work. She heard a knock and frown raising her head. Kathy walk in with a small smile.

"Sorry." She said.

Her frown disappeared. "No problem.

" You are staying extra time? Did you have an assignment? "

" Yes. "Anna replied looking at the papers.

" But you look exhausted girl. You need to rest. "

" Thanks kathy. I will leave soon. "

" I think you have a visitor. "

" A visitor? Who is it? " Anna asked anxiously. She had never have a visitor at work. Mia pick her whenever she close for the day but doesn't come to her office except on her first day. And she know her father or grandma will not visit. She will always go home to see them.

Kathy giggles and said almost in a whisper. "An handsome man. God He's hot!"

Anna smile and she wonder who it is. There was a knock on the door and Anna answered. The door open revealing Anderson in a blue tuxedo that match so perfectly with his blue eyes. He was wearing a shinny black dress shoe on it.

" Hi" He said with a big smile. She saw Kathy blush and she couldn't help but smile back. Andre look at Kathy and he smirk.

" Hi. "Anna said. She is very surprise to see him. Kathy look between them then Anna quickly stood up and introduce." Andy, this is Kathy my colleague and a good friend. Kathy this is Anderson, my boyfriend. "

" Hi."She said to him. She put forward her hand and he took it replying ." It's nice meeting you. "

" You too."She said blushing." I will leave you two. We definitely have to talk. "She whisper to Anna before smiling at Andre and then walking out of the office.

" Hi, you didn't tell me you were coming. "

" I just wanted to surprise you."He said with that charming smile she can't resist. She stood up and walk out of her desk to stand in his front.

" Well,you did. "She grin." You look great in the suit."

He smirk." Women love men in suit."

"I don't."

"No, you do."

"I don't." She said and he finally give in.

"Fine." She smile when he didn't argue further.

"How do you know I'm still at work?"

"I guess."

He was so sweet. She lean forward to kiss him. He smile and she move her hand on his chest moving it around to his neck pulling him closer and then kissing him back slowly.

****

Toun lay in bed finding it hard to breathe. It has become often whenever she lay. She sit up and try to breath. It wasn't only hard for her to breath when she lay but she also had abdominal pain.

She was afraid of visiting the doctor. She was afraid of knowing what might be happening to her. And she don't want to her family to worry.

Her happiest moment has been seen she returned to Nigeria with her family. She don't want to ruin everything. She was afraid but she had to do something and it should be quick.

*******

Nancy came down from a black Lexus. She wore a black trousers, a pick crop top and a black jacket. She wore a black snickers and was carrying a black leather bag.

She look around removing her sunglasses. She look at the restaurant before her. She sigh and walk toward it then she walks into the cozy and beautifully decorated restaurant.

She was about to bring her phone from the leather bag that was hanging on her shoulder when Hope came walking toward her.

"Hi. I was about to call you."

"I know." He said. "Thanks for coming." She shrug and she look elsewhere except from his eyes. "Let go, i pick a table over there." He pointed toward the center of the restaurant.

She nodded and they walk to the table he pick.

"You look beautiful." He commented when they sat.

She smile but it quickly disappeared. "Thanks."

They sat staring awkwardly at each other. Then Hope quickly break the silence asking what she wanted.

"Anything is fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." She replied. He order Ice-cream and pizza. She seems to like it. "What do you do?"

"Nothing for the time being. I just came back with my family."

"Came back?" She asked curiously.

"Yes. I was born and raise in Australia. My parents just move back to Nigeria." Hope said to her.

That's why he talk so differently and his style of dressing is also different. She thought to herself smiling within.

"So do you like this place better than Australia?"

He look at her and answer. "Nigeria still has a long way to go but i love it here. It feel different to be in a different place, to know where you come from and to be among. There are new things and place to explore here. So i love it even if i miss my life in Australia."

She smile "Yeah. But can you return when you want?"

"I don't know but even if i can, i am not ready to go back." He said very sure. "So was about you? "

"I live here with my family. I was born here in Nigeria. I visit my friends and some family members in different part of the world only during my holidays because my parents won't let me live outside their house." She said rolling her eyes.

Hope smile. He like her. He like everything about her. The way she talks, play with her fingers, smile and play tough.

*****

Nathaniel knocks the door to his daughter room. There was no reply. He turn the knob and it was unlock. He open it and went inside the room.

The room was brightly lit and neat as always. An emotional song was playing lowly somewhere in the room.

"Anna." He said almost in a whisper when he saw her sitting on the floor beside her bed.

He quickly move closer to her scared that something might has happened to her.

"Princess." He said more audible. She turn around and look at him. Her eyes was bloodshot and her face swollen with tears.

He ran to embrace her and she hug him tight and cry on his shoulder.

"It's okay. It's okay dear." He said comforting her. "You are going to be fine. I won't leave you."