Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Hi" Hope answered.

"I'm Victor. I've been seeing you and your siblings around for some time now. I also live in the estate with my family." He told Hope.

"I didn't know. Sorry, i have not see you around." Hope said. "We are new here."

"I know. I practically know everyone that lives in the estate. We've been living here for almost ten years."
Hope raise an eye brow and then nodded.

"I'm Hope." He said stretching his hand toward him. He smile and took it.

"Nice meeting you Hope." He said. His eyes move to the other seat. "You play guitar?"

"Yes." Hope answered proudly.

He saw him smirk. "So what are you doing now. Are you waiting for someone?"

"No. I just love it here...... and I was thinking of a new place to see." Victor look at him quizzically. "We just move here from Europe. I don't know much places."

"I see. That's why your accent is different. But maybe it is a good timing." Victor smile. "Have you been to Twapa bay. '

" Ta what? "Hope asked.

" Twapa Bay. It's a common beach and one of the best place to visit during this period. A lot of tourists visit it every year."

"My friends are coming. We will be taking a friend dad boat. We can go together. It will be fun. I promise."

"I don't know." Hope said unsure.

"You will love it. And don't worry noone will force you to do anything. And we will be back before six because my mom will definitely kill me if i stay longer than that." They laughed.

"Alright but i need to call my mom first."

Victor lean back on the seat "Go ahead." He smile and sip his already - cold coffee.

***

Hope was introduced to Victor friends. They were four in number and two girls. They were dress for the outing. He look like a stranger among them so he went to a nearby boutique and buy a new cloth that was suitable for going to the beach.

It didn't take long to mingle with the guys and he was happy he had made new friends.

They were all responsible and from a well-to-do home. And it was nice talking to them.

  The beach was wonderful with the big rocks at the left side of the beach separating it from the other part of the water.

There was a lot of buiding on the Island surrounding the beach and he was shown the Federal palace hotel that stood tall among all the other skyscrapers.

There was sheds built with bamboo sticks where some people sat in two and groups eating, drinking, chatting, dancing and some were watching the people swimming in the sea that was some feet away from the sheds.

Some people sat under the hot sun on the sand looking at the sea and some were in the sea.

There was more people in front of the sea playing football.

The beach was also beautiful with the green palm tree that stood beautifully at the back of the sheds.

People were also selling different things. Some were selling hats, beads, rubber balls, cloth and some snacks.

It was a wonderful sight to see.

There were different people both black and white. And everyone was free without looking at the other.