Chapter Ten:

The next two days completely sucked. All I did was sleep and throw up. It didn’t matter that I hadn’t eaten anything. I still just kept throwing up. The worst part was that it wasn’t Billy taking care of me. It was my Grandma. She had fully isolated me from the outside world. All I wanted to do was be with Billy but sadly I didn’t get my wish. I tried watching The Lorax and Despicable Me but it wasn’t the same without him.

                Friday afternoon, I was finally allowed to get up and move around. The first place I went to was down to the store. There I impatiently waited for Billy to get back from school. I sat on the counter, swinging my legs back and forth. I reminded myself of a little kid on Christmas Eve, waiting for Santa Claus. Well Billy was like Santa Claus to me except for without the big belly and white beard.

“What are you smiling about?” Billy asked, scaring me. I jumped, almost falling off the counter but Billy caught me. “Whoa, steady now.” He teased, setting me back on the counter.

“You’re back.” I smiled. Billy looked around to see if anyone else was in the store. No one was. He kissed me delicately on the lips.

“It’s been awhile since we’ve been together.” I pointed out when he pulled away. “I’m going to need more than that.” He laughed.

“Tonight, babe.” He promised, sitting next to me on the counter. I smiled up at him. “How are ya feeling?”

“Better.” I admitted.

“Good. I hate that I got you so sick.” He said, frowning.

“It was worth it.” I told him. My cheeks felt warm. He looked up at me with those emerald gems that he called eyes. Pure love radiated from his eyes. I lost control of my breath and heart.

“I love you.” He whispered. For a moment, I couldn’t say anything. My mouth wouldn’t work. Panic filled his eyes when I didn’t say anything.

“Billy, I love you so much.” I whispered to him. He closed his eyes and laughed in relief.

“I didn’t think you were going to say it back.” Billy said.

“My mouth wouldn’t work.” I admitted, blushing.

“I’ll get it to work tonight.” Billy whispered in my ear. My face turned a bright red.

“Oh, Billy. You’re here.” Grandma exclaimed as she came through the back door. Billy pulled back quickly.

“Hi, Mrs. Hartman.” Billy said, politely. I loved that Southern drawl of his.

“Are you staying for dinner tonight? I’m making chicken and dumplings.” Grandma said.

“Yes, ma’am.” Billy smiled. Grandma smiled. To Grandma, the more the merrier. At this moment, I agreed with her. “Um… Mrs. Hartman, can Spencer come over?” He looked so polite and innocent, making it absolutely impossible to say no to him.

“Sure, dear as long as Spencer feels up to it.” Grandma said. They both looked at me. Grandma with her sweet smile and Billy with the smile of the devil.

“I feel up to it.” I said, trying not to sound overly excited. Billy would go crazy with knowing how much I wanted the night to come.

“Good.” Grandma said, clapping her hands together. “I’m going to go start making dinner. Also Aunt Niccole is bringing over Mr. Wilson.”

“Mr. Wilson?” Billy asked. I was confused. Who was Mr. Wilson?

“Yes.” Grandma answered.

“The Mr. Wilson? As in the most eligible bachelor of Ripley, Mississippi, Mr. Wilson?” Billy asked, swinging his legs to the other side of the counter.